Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
csamedy
0 Kudos

Removing protective password from Nook color

I had a protective password on my Nook, but it is now driving me crazy having to enter it everytime I turn it on.  Does anybody know how I can remove the protective password?

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

Re: Removing protective password from Nook color

Tap Menu/Settings/Security, and then uncheck the "Require passcode" box.

If you have more questions abotu your NOOKcolor, please see my signature.  :smileyhappy:

Hope that helps!

Reader 2
csamedy
0 Kudos

Thank you so much :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

I'm glad you found the information you needed.  I'm Shadowcat, Welcome to the forum, I wished I had more time to type this but in five minutes I have a class to go to but, have a good day. 

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Reader
gelfling82
0 Kudos

I tried to uncheck the box but everytime I tap it, the password screen pops up so I am not able to uncheck the box.  Any other ideas?

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

gelfling82 wrote:

I tried to uncheck the box but everytime I tap it, the password screen pops up so I am not able to uncheck the box.  Any other ideas?

That sounds like expected behavior, if one can disable a password without entering the password it makes having passwords useless.

Did you try entering the password when it asked?

Baron Wulfraed