Contributor
LenaH
0 Kudos

Screensaver photos

What is the best resolution for pics that you download for your screensaver? What pixel size looks best? This is my first time trying, but my pics are pretty 'pixel-y'.

Distinguished Wordsmith
DiAnneInDover
0 Kudos

Re: Screensaver photos

I've heard 600 x 800 works best.  I haven't done any photographs (though I've seen others and they looked fine).

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

@ LenaH,

Have you checked the user guide?  I made some screensavers when I bought my nook in February and can't remember how I did it, but I know I followed instructions from some source.  You could also check nook-look.com, I believe there were instructions on that site.

Frequent Contributor
GonnaTri
0 Kudos

what is the difference between wallpaper and screensavers?

Inspired Correspondent
SHissong
0 Kudos

This webpage gives a synopsis of how to do it.  They also have free wallpapers and screensavers.

http://www.nook-look.com/pages/howto

Frequent Contributor
mdac
0 Kudos

GonnaTri wrote:

what is the difference between wallpaper and screensavers?

Wallpapers are displayed when your nook is active, but you aren't reading a book, shopping, or playing a game. It is basically your starting point. I believe you can only choose one image, but I've never changed it from the default "n" that was set for my nook.

Screensavers are displayed when you either go into sleep mode by tapping the power button, or when the nook has been sitting idle for some time (whatever length you set it to in the settings). These will cycle through the images in the folder you select in the settings.

Check out my screensavers at nook-look.com

Contributor
xxali1096xx
0 Kudos

Well, the wallpapers are 395x500. Check out www.nookbackgrounds.wordpress.com

Check out nookbackgrounds.wordpress.com!!!
Frequent Contributor
GonnaTri
0 Kudos

thank you all for the help.

Contributor
LenaH
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will play around with this some more and see how they look.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

The wallpaper is there when the nook is awake and you are not reading.  You can only have one active wallpaper at a time.

The screensavers show up when your nook goes to sleep (either on its on or if you put it to sleep).  Each time it goes to sleep, the next screensaver in your set shows up.  You can have one or more in each set.  I currenlty have four, so it has to go to sleep four times to go through them.

The screen savers do need to be in a sub folder.  You could have several sub folders and then set which folder is active.

The user's manual has the best dimensions for both.  They're not the same.