Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Boof29

Send To Nook functionality

Does anyone know if there could be a browser extension to transfer a web article to your Nook the way you can to another e-reader device?

Is this functionality that needs to be built into the Nook?  Plans??

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Re: Send To Nook functionality

[ Edited ]

What exactly are you trying to do?  Send a link?

►Without order there is chaos◄
New User
Boof29
0 Kudos

There are a few add-on programs in Chrome/Firefox that will send a web page to a Kindle to read later.  I currently use a program that sets any article into a clean screen to mimic an ePub look, however, being able to send articles to an eReader for reading at lunch would be helpful to me.

These programs send the articles to the Kindle with their <username>@free.kindle.com e-mail address they give you when you register your device.

I am really interested in buying the new Nook but this functionality might push me to the other option.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

I've never heard of a program that does that for the Nook.  Maybe someone else has.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Correspondent
mpclemens

Seems like this would be a natural feature to offer in the (mysterious, ill-defined) MyNook.com site. Mail something to your (cloud) account that shows up in your library when you sync.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

This is a kindle feature.  There's nothing like it currently for the nook.

New User
Chris35
0 Kudos

I am looking for the same.  I ran into this and was hoping there was a comparable Nook extension.  

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pnaiinchjaonopoejhknmgjingcnaloc?utm_source=chrome-ntp-ico...

New User
DotanCohen
0 Kudos

I have to agree that the ability to send the text of a webpage directly to the Nook is an obvious feature that i would just expect to be available in a Firefox addon. I knew that the Kindle had this functionality and just assumed that it was obvious enough that the Nook would as well.

The Nook is a grat reading device, but a horrible browsing device, so the ability to browse on the desktop but read on the Nook is natural. I cannot believe that this feature does not exist.

Contributor
BN_Hemen1
0 Kudos

This message has been moved for Violation of Community Guidelines.

Reader
MagnoliaJuniper
0 Kudos

I use Springpad.  You can clip to it.  Your nook downloads new content when you have wifi access so it available when you are off line.

http://springpad.com/springpad/#home

I use chrome to browse.  The is an extension that adds springpad to the right click menu.  I hi-lite to text to clip and right click.  Bingo!  done.  Lots of other good stuff too.

New User
DHLEE35
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

If your Nook is rooted, Bookbox would be a good option(I did not tested it yet).

On chrome browser you can install extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bookbox-sender/ljecpghbiknnnmbcjninnhccboafbbnp.

You have to install Bookboa app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobiucare.bookbox

After you can send a web article by clicking Bookbox button on Chrome browser.

Good luck.