Contributor
MrBlueEsq
0 Kudos

Shelves on Multiple Nooks/Same Account

No luck with a forum search on this one, so I'll ask in a fresh thread:  if I buy a second Nook registered to the same account, say for my wife's birthday, can I set up different shelves on each device that operates on the same account?  In other words, are the shelves device-specfic, or account specific?  The idea would be for us each to share the same account, but organize our books differently.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Shelves on Multiple Nooks/Same Account

MrBlueEsq wrote:

No luck with a forum search on this one, so I'll ask in a fresh thread:  if I buy a second Nook registered to the same account, say for my wife's birthday, can I set up different shelves on each device that operates on the same account?  In other words, are the shelves device-specfic, or account specific?  The idea would be for us each to share the same account, but organize our books differently.

I would guess that you can set up separate shelves, since users have reported if they have to unregister the device they lose the shelves.  However, I believe that it is still true and all books will be downloaded to all devices attached to the account, so your wife will have the same books on her Nook as you do on yours.  Someone else may have more information on it, but right now I think shelves are device specific.

Another option for sharing books with your wife is Doug's post on sharing books with family members, the link is in my signature and can be useful if you don't read the same type books.

Bibliophile
laurieb52

Re: Shelves on Multiple Nooks/Same Account

You can set up different shelves, and the shelves do not automatically appear when more than one device is registered to an account.

What cannot be different though, is the books that are archived.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!