Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
amillio
0 Kudos

Showoff your screen-savers/ wallpapers

Lets see everyones favorite pictures. Here are two of them I just recently made.

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

Re: Showoff your screen-savers/ wallpapers

Wow..those are great. I haven't done anything yet, and I find the current nook wallpapers boring.

New User
Zerd65
0 Kudos

screen saver

I had this poster when I was a kid, love having it on my Nook

margaret tarrant

My favorite illustrator after Alan Lee, Margaret Tarrant

Also A Margaret Tarrant

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

Here's my wallpaper. It's a photo I took of the Cape Hatterous lighthouse:

My screen savers include such photos as this ghost crab on the beach where I live:

And these shrimp boats from Sneads Ferry, NC:

Inspired Contributor
BooperFH
0 Kudos

These are great. How do you post an image?

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

Or you can post them all over at  nook-look.com - Everything for your Barnes & Noble nook

Posted quite a few of mine to share with others.

http://www.nook-look.com/Nookfiles/userfiles/875

Files there are already converted for the nook.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Inspired Correspondent
amillio
0 Kudos

I use photobucket to post an image. When you are typing a message there is a little tree picture on the tool bar. If you click that it will let you upload a picture. After you click it copy the link, for me photobucket has always worked. Sometimes I have to toy around to find which link I want. It will show up on your computer if it worked. 

Inspired Contributor
BooperFH
0 Kudos

I have my wallpaper as a .pdf in My Documents in Windows. When I click on the tree it asks me for the url which seems to be an issue since I don't get the url in My Documents. Anyway I'll keep playing with it.

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

um..can you guys maybe help me get them to my nook or do you just save them on your computer and move them into your nook?

I'm just not sure how to do that though. Sorry I've only had mine for like 5 days now I think.

Inspired Correspondent
amillio
0 Kudos

You save them to your computer and side load them to your nook. If you go to nook-look.com they have a bunch of them you can download directly from their site. They also have instructions to if what I told you isn't enough info for you. 

Frequent Contributor
barker12
0 Kudos

I Love the first pick of the shocked dog. Lol im a big cartoon nut and it reminds me so much of Scooby Doo what an awesome pic. Great job

Inspired Correspondent
amillio
0 Kudos

Thats my dog tobie he is a weimaraner. I asked him to speak for me and took the picture while he was in the process of doing the command. It is one of my favorite pictures I have of him. 

Frequent Contributor
barker12
0 Kudos

I have been thinking of getting a bigger dog for around the house we have a nice fenced in yard and the garage is like a big dog playground for when we leave the house right now i have  min dachshund and a shischon. I am so considering getting a Weimaraner now tell tobie he takes a great pic and maybee scratch his ears they look soft

Inspired Correspondent
amillio
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Will do. I definitely recommend the breed. They get along great with other dogs and kids too. We have two kids and three weims. My husband would have 4 or 5 of them if I would let him but my limit is 3. They are super intelligent though and will out smart you if you let them. For instance tobie can open toliet seats and back doors. And my mom has a female who can open cages. I have read of some that can open microwaves and stoves too. Thank god mine cant do that. 

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

amillio wrote:

You save them to your computer and side load them to your nook. If you go to nook-look.com they have a bunch of them you can download directly from their site. They also have instructions to if what I told you isn't enough info for you. 

Check the user guide about screensavers and wall papers if you need more help.

Wallpaper is what shows up when you are at the "main menu" (double tap on the n).

Screensavers show up when your nook goes to sleep.  They don't rotate randomly, but the next one in your set shows up each time the nook goes to sleep.

Load the wallpaper under my wallpapers on your nook drive and activate it as active in settings.

For screensavers, you will need to create a subfolder under my screensavers for each screensaver set.  Then, you'll activate that subfolder in settings.

My Screensavers

My cute dogs

My cutes cats

You'd activate either the dogs or cats folder.

Correspondent
Grammaknits02
0 Kudos

amillio wrote:

Thats my dog tobie he is a weimaraner. I asked him to speak for me and took the picture while he was in the process of doing the command. It is one of my favorite pictures I have of him. 

Those are both great pics!!

Reading Now:
Wrongful Death: The Aids Trial
by Stephan Davis
Correspondent
Grammaknits02
0 Kudos

I converted pictures of my grandbabies to use as my Nook screensaver.  I love opening the cover of my Nook and seeing my grandbabies smiling back at me,  Here are a couple of my favorites...

Reading Now:
Wrongful Death: The Aids Trial
by Stephan Davis
Frequent Contributor
bevnd
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing. I really like these pics and checked out others at cowcard. Thanks again.

Frequent Contributor
juneau
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This is a picture I took of my darling dog while geocaching at a local park:

rJuneau

Wordsmith
Tim40744
0 Kudos

Conniecats wrote:

Here's my wallpaper. It's a photo I took of the Cape Hatterous lighthouse:

My screen savers include such photos as this ghost crab on the beach where I live:

And these shrimp boats from Sneads Ferry, NC:

I really like all your pictures but the Cape Lookout lighthouse picture is probably my favorite. It's the only NC lighthouse I've not visited. I first visited the Cape Hatteras lighthouse years ago before they moved it. Cool!