DMa
Contributor
DMa
0 Kudos

Re: Some Questions about the Nook....

I got my NookColor for Christmas 2010 and I absolutely love it. Our local library has just enabled the ebook borrowing thing ..I've done it (using the awesome instructions posted here) and it is wonderful..

Here in Upstate NY, we don't get to the beach much,maybe once or twice a year. I don't often read outside, although I plan to purchase the anti-glare screen cover, for when everything thaws,lol. If the anti glare solves the issue, then I consider this a perfect deivce..VERY happy with it..:smileyhappy:. I have WI-FI turned off,most of the time, so the battery life is a non-issue. I really only use WI FI to get books..

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

I recently got a memory card for my nook but, I can't figure out how to remove the back plate on my nook classic to put the card in.  How do you remove the back of the nook?

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

I recently got a memory card for my nook but, I can't figure out how to remove the back plate on my nook classic to put the card in.  How do you remove the back of the nook?

See pages 28-29 of the NOOK User Guide . . . . .

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

Go to the B&N NOOK videos page and click on "Replacing your NOOK's back cover & battery".

Or see pages 28-31 of the NOOK User Guide (also available in My Documents on your NOOK).

You probably should read pages 166-170 of the User Guide to learn how to insert the micro-SD card. It's not obvious, and easy to get wrong.

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Doug_Pardee wrote:

shadowcat80 wrote:

Go to the B&N NOOK videos page and click on "Replacing your NOOK's back cover & battery".

Or see pages 28-31 of the NOOK User Guide (also available in My Documents on your NOOK).

You probably should read pages 166-170 of the User Guide to learn how to insert the micro-SD card. It's not obvious, and easy to get wrong.

Thanks, I got the card and having no trouble with it.  Thank you for helping me.  Have a good day

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
New User
Andes73
0 Kudos

my nook will not start I wanted to remove the battery and start again but................

I do not have a slot next to the usb slot to remove the back cover, I have 2 slots on the bottom and 2 on the top. 

I do not want to crack or hurt the cover how do I remove it?

MacMcK1957

These instructions were for the original Nook First Edition.  The Nook Simple Touch does not have a user-accessible battery and you will void the warranty if you do manage to get the back cover off.