Frequent Contributor
Teski
0 Kudos

Some serious price drops!

I just checked my wishlist and The Shining dropped from over $20 to $7.19!  Columbine went from in the 10's to under $10. Looks like we're seeing things come down. Let's hope they stay that way!

Frequent Contributor
clka
0 Kudos

Re: Some serious price drops!

Thanks for the heads up...I checked my wishlist and the prices are definitely lower, so will probably get a couple of the books before they increase again!

Cheryl

Distinguished Scribe
sub_rosa
0 Kudos

Teski wrote:

I just checked my wishlist and The Shining dropped from over $20 to $7.19!  Columbine went from in the 10's to under $10. Looks like we're seeing things come down. Let's hope they stay that way!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Don't buy from Random House, Macmillan, or Penguin until the agency model is COMPLETELY dead.
Correspondent
statomattic
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Look at that! I have 16 books on my wishlist. A few hours ago, all but three were above $10 (including a couple in the $20 range). Now, 15 of the 16 are under $10. Yee haw!

Now, what I'd really like to know is what the reason was for this. I'm not holding my breath for an answer, but it would be awfully nice to know. My hunch is we're in for several wild fluctuations in the next couple of months before prices settle at a semi-permanent structure.

Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

Same for me as well. The Stand by Stephen King, which was over $20 as an ebook is now $8.09.

Stand

Frequent Contributor
Paul58
0 Kudos

Maybe the unofficial boycott had the effect we all hoped for!  I noticed several eBooks I wanted had the price reduced drastically, and I bought!  Money talks, let's just hope someone is listening....

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

This message has been moved to a more appropriate location. This helps to keep our boards organized.

Frequent Contributor
ReadingBum
0 Kudos

Yeah some of the books I wanted went down to a more reasonable price! 

Frequent Contributor
Larryb52
0 Kudos

it's great to see , I bought a few that I had held off on & I preordered a couple, I hope it continues...

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

This message has been moved to a more appropriate location. This helps to keep our boards organized.