Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
GadgetDude
0 Kudos

Squaretrade warranty really comes through

[ Edited ]

Haven't posted in a long time but thought I'd pass along my recent experience with SquareTrade.  I never have bought into extended warranties figuring they are not worth it but when I got my 1st Gen Nook during the initial launch I took the advice that was really going on strong here on the boards.  I went ahead and sprung $40 for a 3 year full coverage Squaretrade warranty.

My nook has always worked fine until about a week ago.  To my dismay I found that I had finally been cursed with the dreaded cracked bezel issue - the upper left hand button had a hairline crack that extended 3/4 the way across the bezel edge.

I had kind of decided to live with it when I remembered the SquareTrade warranty so I gave them a call.  The customer service person looked up my details, asked a few questions and concluded it was a valid claim.  They send me a shipping label and I shipped it off to them.  Yesterday I received a check from them for the full original purchase price $259.00 as promised.

Absolutely changed my mind about extended warranties - at least from Squaretrade these folks are a the real deal and stand by their service.

I miss my Nook but the warranty will now let me replace it with something.