Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
DeeMcD1
0 Kudos

Still cannot download books from library. Ready to scream!!

I cannot download library books correctly to my nook and it is frustrating me. I used a link that was posted here in response to my message on Monday. I followed every step and have had no luck. I even uninstalled ADE and reinstalled it numerous times. The problem seems to be with authorizing my nook. It never asks me to authorize it.

After installing ADE on my computer and authorizing my computer i connect my nook to the computer and open ADE. ADE sees the nook because it is listed on the left hand side but there is no "Device Setup Assistant" box. I've looked all over ADE and there is nothing asking me to authorize my nook. If i click on the top of ADE where it says library. It says authorize computer. Which is already done. If i click on it anyway it tells me it is authorized.

I do not know what else to do. It is not asking me to authorize my nook. I wanted to see what would happen if i just dragged the book to the nook anyway. It does add it to my nook but if i try to open it it says "Not Activated"

I do not know what else to do. I followed the download instructions exacty as they are written. If anyone can help me out i would be so grateful.

Thank you!!

Scribe
Haleakala_LKB
0 Kudos

Re: Still cannot download books from library. Ready to scream!!

[ Edited ]

DeeMcD1 wrote:

I cannot download library books correctly to my nook and it is frustrating me. I used a link that was posted here in response to my message on Monday. I followed every step and have had no luck. I even uninstalled ADE and reinstalled it numerous times. The problem seems to be with authorizing my nook. It never asks me to authorize it.

After installing ADE on my computer and authorizing my computer i connect my nook to the computer and open ADE. ADE sees the nook because it is listed on the left hand side but there is no "Device Setup Assistant" box. I've looked all over ADE and there is nothing asking me to authorize my nook. If i click on the top of ADE where it says library. It says authorize computer. Which is already done. If i click on it anyway it tells me it is authorized.

I do not know what else to do. It is not asking me to authorize my nook. I wanted to see what would happen if i just dragged the book to the nook anyway. It does add it to my nook but if i try to open it it says "Not Activated"

I do not know what else to do. I followed the download instructions exacty as they are written. If anyone can help me out i would be so grateful.

Thank you!!

Did you see the directions about deleiting a certain file or folder, then trying? That is what worked for many of us. It is in this note. 

LisaB

Distinguished Correspondent
AndyfromVA
0 Kudos

Here are the steps I've used to load 100 library books on my Nook over the past 7 months.

1-download library ebook from the library wibsite to a folder on your PC.  I have a folder labeled "Library".

2. Double click the ebook file on your PC.  ADE should open up and download the ebook file.  You may have to wait a couple of minutes before you see the download animation,

3. If you did it right, the library book file should be on the right column of ADE.

4. Connect your Nook to your PC with the cable.

5. Use your mouse and drag the library book file to the Nook drive on the left side of ADE.  The library book should now be in the My Documents section of your Nook.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013

[ Edited ]
  1. You must have ADE activated using an Adobe account, not anonymously.
  2. If you're using a Mac, set it to show hidden files.
  3. Be sure ADE isn't running.
  4. Plug your NOOK into your computer.
  5. On your NOOK, delete the folders '.adobe-digital-editions' and 'Digital Editions'.
  6. If you're using a Mac, empty the trash on your NOOK.
  7. Leave your NOOK plugged in and don't eject it yet.
  8. Start Adobe Digital Editions.
  9. It should now ask you if it can authorize your NOOK.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

The Nook also needs to be ejected properly from your computer every time you disconnect it from your computer. This will help prevent corruption of the ADE registration file.

DeeMcD1 wrote:

Thank you!!