Correspondent
Jodisims
0 Kudos

Stylus option

[ Edited ]

We are a 2 Nook family.  My husband is legally blind and has depth perception issues.  So for that, the Nook is GREAT because he can change the font to make it easier on his eyes.  However, the touch screen keyboard is way too small for him to get any real accuracy.  The solution for him is what's called a "capacitive stylus".

Capacitive Stylus

This model is a bit on the pricey side BUT, it has a clip on it.  Our M-Edge book covers have elastic tabs at the top and this pen "clicks" on those elastics like it belong there.  There is a slight delay in the response time compared to your finger but it's ALOT easier to type.  Plus it works on any other capacitive touch screen you have! (iphone, ipad etc)

Not only for vision issues, for ladies with long fingernails, and anyone who is out in the cold wearing gloves!

I <3 Nook :smileyhappy:

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

click here for information about sideloading library books
click here to view Nook user guide
Frequent Contributor
dee_deefl
0 Kudos

Re: Stylus option

From reading these boards, I think that there is a stylus for Apple products

that are suppose to work on the Nook.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@Jodisims

I have a capacitive stylus, too, and you're right, it works very well for button presses and keyboard use.

Mine does not work, though, for the page turn swipe -- does yours?

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Correspondent
Jodisims
0 Kudos

@ABThree

The stylus works just fine for swiping pages for us!  Not sure what the issue is with yours.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

click here for information about sideloading library books
click here to view Nook user guide
Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Jodisims wrote:

@ABThree

The stylus works just fine for swiping pages for us!  Not sure what the issue is with yours.

Thanks -- could be the cheap stylus I bought. :smileywink:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Frequent Contributor
rovingspinster603
0 Kudos

I just got a targus stylus for the Apple Ipad and it works on my Nook   Love it!!!!!!!    cost me $14.95 plus shipping.  Sooooo glad I found it.  Rovingspinster603

Reader 2
lindaclaire
0 Kudos

Where would I buy  a stylus like you are talking about?

Frequent Contributor
rovingspinster603
0 Kudos

targus.com/us    make sure you get the 14.95  one

Frequent Contributor
rovingspinster603
0 Kudos

make sure it is the capacitive one

Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

Just wondering...

Why would one need/want a stylus for the nook?

I would think that there would be a risk scratching/damaging the touch screen. Admittedly, those with "fat fingers" might find the touchscreen a little challenging -- especially the keyboard.

But clearly 90+% of the time spent on the nook is reading, and turning the pages with the buttons and/or the touchscreen swipe would be far preferable to putting the nook down, picking up a stylus, swiping the touchscreen (see above re: scratching), putting the stylus down, picking up the nook, reading a page, putting the nook down, picking up the stylus....rinse and repeat.

Also...another piece of plastic to lose...where does one keep the stylus? (no smart-a** answers to that are necessary...)

Am I missing something?

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Frequent Contributor
rovingspinster603
0 Kudos

The stylus has a soft rubber? tip it a capacitive style and mine has a clip on it that clips just fine to the spine of my cover.  I love it.

Inspired Contributor
jlg881
0 Kudos

Just wondering...

Why would one need/want a stylus for the nook?......

Also...another piece of plastic to lose...where does one keep the stylus? (no smart-a** answers to that are necessary...)

Am I missing something?

My Mom uses a stylus as she has some arthritis in her fingers, and for regular reading she just uses her fingers like we do, but when she is waiting to pick up her grandson from school she likes to play the saduko (Doesn't get as sucked into it like you can get with reading).  The stylus allows for her to "press" the button she wants. 

She keeps her stylus inside a pocket on the cover she has for her Nook so she doesn't lose it between uses.