New User
Jettero2112
0 Kudos

Re: Suggested Improvements For V 1.5

[ Edited ]

The v1 nook had a nice library.  When i click on it, it shows the author and then underneath lists all the books.  I could show 20 books on a page.  With the Simple Touch, I only see 4 books per page and each entry has the authors name and book title.  Find a way to show more titles per page in the library.  Very, very annoying.

New User
GStraitFan
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Parental Controls

So the consensus seems to be that kids will figure out how to get around the passwords so why bother to set one.  The parental control issue is all on B&N.  A simple way to set up parental controls would be for B&N to set up the accounts to begain with having age in mind.  Parent sets up the account with the child's birth date and B&N blocks the content age appropriately from the server end.

Contributor
tiki1682
0 Kudos

I would like the following: 1. The ability to bookmark enhanced magazines or share pages 2. The ability to write "notes" when on a page in the book, not just when you highlight a word 3. Notepad 4. View more books by the author, or similar types of books
New User
Roxanne0506
0 Kudos

We need to have some way (as you suggested) to allow our kids to have a Nook without worrying about purchases they might make.  Content is something that we, as parents, can monitor.  Purchases are too immediate to allow them to carry the Nook all over as we do...  BUT the Nook is just such a phenomenal tool for encouraging reading!

New User
Bob49459
0 Kudos

How about a scroll bar? I'm OK with my library being alphabetical, but when I want to read Zack Zublargonson I'm SOL unless I know the book name and search it, or the author, and end up getting unrelated results.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Roxanne0506 wrote:

We need to have some way (as you suggested) to allow our kids to have a Nook without worrying about purchases they might make.  Content is something that we, as parents, can monitor.  Purchases are too immediate to allow them to carry the Nook all over as we do...  BUT the Nook is just such a phenomenal tool for encouraging reading!

You can set your account to require a password for each purpose, and then not give your child the password.  On the NST it's under Settings - Shop.