01-28-2011 09:18 PM
First of all, why 1.7? Well to be honest with you its because I am pretty sure none of these suggestions will make it in 1.6 since I and quite a few others have been asking for them for a few versions now.
Nevertheless, here are some things I would like to see.
- Ability to enable/disable airplane mode without exiting all the way to the options menu. (perhaps a double-click of the sleep button?)
- Ability to reorganize the order of the books within the shelves.
- Ability to disable wi-fi and keep 3G enabled without leaving your book.
- Evenly balanced option buttons instead of the HUGE arrows and the tiny thin OK circle.
- Faster touch screen.
- Modifiable touch screen main page. (I liked the one page from before. I don't use the Daily/Games/Audio/Web buttons.) It would look much cleaner and eliminate the need to scroll all the way to the right for the options I use often.
- Ability to go to the main page without closing the book.
- Ability to delete books right from your nook.
- Perhaps the ability to completely uninstall the useless browser?
- Sample tag to be added to books regardless of whether they are new/unread or not.
- Some sort of Entire Book tagging/notes. (I like to mark when I start/finish a novel and adding it as a highlight/note is a hassle when I have to highlight the first word which usually means the first two words or two lines.
- Optional visible highlights/notes displayed overlaid on the e-ink screen.
I had quite a few more but that's all I can think of for now.