Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Saint_Nookolas
0 Kudos
Saint_Nookolas
0 Kudos

Re: Teaser by Michael in e-Books Board

Woops, make that the e-Reader Board. 

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Saint_Nookolas
0 Kudos

Yes, but I'll try to stay sunshiny optimistic (can't blame a guy for hoping).  

It's just too basic a feature to be ignored for very much longer and Michael has always been pretty responsive to the Nookster Community.  I don't think he'd float that out there if they weren't planning to release something fairly soon.  

Right, Michael?  (Note the extremely clever and subtle attempt to engage him in confirmation...) 

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,923
0 Kudos

You know Michael probably has to be authorized to say anything specific on the boards by some important guy, and since its a Saturday the important guys aren't working. :smileywink:

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Michael's pretty important to us.

Even the basic nook user would like this feature, especially since it's on other readers. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

FrogAlum wrote:

Yeah, I saw that too...  All he is really saying though is that 'they' are aware we want the feature...

Yep -- as he's said about a gazillion times before.  Nothing new here, people. :smileyindifferent:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

The following is the Admin post I'm finding the most interesting at the moment:

Remove samples is coming to the B&N eReader for iPad very soon. We have heard your feedback loud and clear and will be providing a way to delete samples in the very next update, coming in a few weeks.

FYI.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

That I know of, we (as nook owners) have never had an issue addressed that directly or quickly.  Is B&N catering to iPad owners just like the rest of the world?

ABthree
0 Kudos

FrogAlum wrote:

That I know of, we (as nook owners) have never had an issue addressed that directly or quickly.  Is B&N catering to iPad owners just like the rest of the world?

Sad, isn't it?  But don't worry:  soon B&N and the rest of the world will tire of their glassy-eyed stare, their depressed affect, and the fact that Jobs could order them to walk off a cliff and they'd just say, "Thanks, Steve -- you are sooooooooo cool!"

And life will go on for the rest of us. :smileyvery-happy:

-- St. Basil the Great+
ABthree
0 Kudos

I've practically stopped reading the eReader board -- some days it seems like it's all iPad all the time.

-- St. Basil the Great+
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@FrogAlum,

Different devices have different updates obviously so if I receive feedback that I can share with the boards with regards to an upcoming feature then of course I will post that information (as per the iPad removing samples issue).  There is no catering to a specific device, but moreso to our ever increasing and intelligent, and well versed board community.  We really are trying to cater to your suggestions, requests and needs.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

ABthree

Michael-V wrote:

@FrogAlum,

There is no catering to a specific device, but moreso to our ever increasing and intelligent, and well versed board community.  We really are trying to cater to your suggestions, requests and needs.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

All devices should receive good support, but special attention, maybe even a degree of "catering",  to Nook would be both legitimate and understandable. 
I don't say that because I own a Nook (although) I'll be happy to benefit from it), but because Nook has Barnes & Noble's name on it.  That should put it in a class by itself, as far as B&N is concerned.

-- St. Basil the Great+