Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Laurie14
0 Kudos

Terrible service

It is now 8:39 PM Florida time & I have been on hold with Barnes & Noble customer service for more than 30 minutes.  I called to get help with my Nook & the CS rep (Angelo, who tells me he's in the Phillipines) not only couldn't help me, he first refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor & finally put me on hold for more than half an hour!!!  I have been on the phone now for nearly 1 hour now, in one of the worst customer service experiences of my life!!!!  I intend to tell everyone I know and then some that Nook customer service is so bad that, no matter how good the concept, Nook is not worth the trouble.

Distinguished Correspondent
gabourele
0 Kudos

Re: Terrible service

instead of slamming the phone CS why not just go into a Barnes and Noble store or Bestbuy that eliminates the whole staying on the phone thing.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1
0 Kudos

Unfortunately that's what happens when you call in the evening or on a weekend.  They have a higher call volume so they have longer hold times.  Next time try to call about 7-8am and the wait won't be so long.  It's this way with most companies.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

When I have a problem which has been rare with my nook I usually ask someone here at the forum rather dealing with CS phoning.  A lot of the people know a lot about the models and can answer your questions. 

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Laurie14, this is just a suggestion, find out the physical address for the main Customer Service Headquarters for Barnes and Noble and type a letter addressed to "Manager" and  telling the Manager about your unsatisfacotry Customer Service experience.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I've had nothing but problems with Verizon customer service but I still have FIOS internet and TV for our house as well as cellphones with them.  If the product is good I can deal with the hassle of customer service as long as it's infrequent.

So what was the original problem that Angelo in the Phillipines couldn't help you with???

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Wordsmith
gstone
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

So what was the original problem that Angelo in the Phillipines couldn't help you with???

Based on her other post in Tech Support it has something to do with a real or imagined battery life issue. She didn't say what. She wasn't asking for help just complaining so I didn't bother to respond over there.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

It certainly sounds like the worst problem anyone has ever had in the history of the Nook from her nebulous description...

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Correspondent
ivers
0 Kudos

Laurie14, welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having some sort of problem with your Nook. If you let us know what it is maybe someone here can help you troubleshoot.

Second, I know B&N CS has been swamped today by people from slickdeals.com who used a Groupon loophole to get hundreds of Groupon thingies and are now having their orders cancelled by B&N for violation of terms. So in addition to calling at a time of day which is across the board the busiest time for CS at any company, this is a tricky day in and of itself.

If you do call them again be sure that you are selecting option 2 for Digital Support.

But frankly if I were you I'd take advantage of some of the nice folks here who love their Nooks and are eager to help others love theirs.

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

Is it true B&N is cancelling the Groupon certificates? WOW! lots of people are going to be upset.
Inspired Correspondent
ivers
0 Kudos

Groupon is cancelling the ones that were obviously acquired through a loophole (and then refunding). B&N is cancelling some orders as a result. etc etc. it is a big mess. If you didn't buy 20 of them you are probably ok. (I don't use Groupon, I've just been following the aftermath of this deal with much amusement)

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

I don't use Groupon either, it just seems like too much hassle. But like you, I have been amused at the folks scrambling for free money.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Laurie14 wrote:

It is now 8:39 PM Florida time & I have been on hold with Barnes & Noble customer service for more than 30 minutes.  I called to get help with my Nook & the CS rep (Angelo, who tells me he's in the Phillipines) not only couldn't help me, he first refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor & finally put me on hold for more than half an hour!!!  I have been on the phone now for nearly 1 hour now, in one of the worst customer service experiences of my life!!!!  I intend to tell everyone I know and then some that Nook customer service is so bad that, no matter how good the concept, Nook is not worth the trouble.

Well, you're preaching to the choir here.  Many of us have had great CS experiences, many have had stressful ones.  That's why we come to these boards - rather than wait on the phone steaming for such a long time, we post our problem here to see if someone can help.

Telling everyone you know "and then some" that Nook CS is bad, based on one phone call, is your right.  

I'm sorry you didn't take the time to add an extra line or so to tell us what your problem is - possibly the manual would have helped, or someone here could have helped.