Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
Kevin
0 Kudos

The Water Cooler

We probably need a more high-tech name for this, but every forum needs a place for general conversation and off-topic threads. So here it is. ... If you've got better names, let's hear 'em ... Maybe we'll find something that works.

Distinguished Correspondent
magictaco

Re: The Water Cooler

We could call it "The Neighborhood ePub"!  Get it?  It's like a pub, where you'd go to have drinks and talk...  but it's a play on the file name...

..get it?  Hah!  Heh...  eh...  okay, shutting up now.  :smileytongue:

~
Have a taco. I love you.
Frequent Contributor
JenRuiz
0 Kudos

:smileyvery-happy:

Correspondent
Doc_Nukem

magictaco wrote:

We could call it "The Neighborhood ePub"!  Get it?  It's like a pub, where you'd go to have drinks and talk...  but it's a play on the file name...

Many think puns are immature. They don't realize you have to wait until they are fully groan.

Correspondent
Heritage07
0 Kudos

How about:

• The Breakfast Nook
  • The Corner Nook
  • Nook Street
  • Nook Hangout
  • Nook Sense
  • Nook Stool

Don't flame me lol

magictaco
0 Kudos

Doc_Nukem wrote:

magictaco wrote:

Many think puns are immature. They don't realize you have to wait until they are fully groan.

Gah!  Stop the punishment!

~
Have a taco. I love you.
Correspondent
T-BONECA
0 Kudos

magictaco wrote:

..get it?  Hah!  Heh...  eh...  okay, shutting up now.  :smileytongue:

I like it. In fact I think I'll go get a pint of Guiness and practice some feathers.

Contributor
DentArthurDent
0 Kudos

magictaco wrote:

Doc_Nukem wrote:

magictaco wrote:

Gah!  Stop the punishment!

Someone should take punitive action

Inspired Contributor
LaManchaDQ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Doc_Nukem wrote:

magictaco wrote:

Doc- ROFL  I love it!

Inspired Correspondent
OPDwife
0 Kudos

I was in my local store today trying once again to get my "more in store"  offers up, but alas...no luck.  On the bright side, I bought the Holiday Tea and White Christmas Tea at half price.  I had never tried them before.  The Holiday Tea is great, I recommend it to all you tea drinkers if you haven't tried it!

When I get a little money I buy books, if any is left, I buy food and clothes
Correspondent
Angela2932ND
0 Kudos

I like "Neighborhood ePub" too! Very clever!

Inspired Correspondent
lilio
0 Kudos

One of the things I really like about my nook is the potential for keeping my books!  With several long distance moves over the past several years. I have given away a professional library, given away many leisure books, and actually thrown away (akin to book burning in my mind) a few.  Some were lost in the garage sale(s).  I love to re-read books.  Now I can keep books I purchase in one place, and even if my nook dies, I should be able to download the books I purchase to a replacement.  Aaah, relief.

Correspondent
Heritage07
0 Kudos

lilio wrote:

One of the things I really like about my nook is the potential for keeping my books!  With several long distance moves over the past several years. I have given away a professional library, given away many leisure books, and actually thrown away (akin to book burning in my mind) a few.  Some were lost in the garage sale(s).  I love to re-read books.  Now I can keep books I purchase in one place, and even if my nook dies, I should be able to download the books I purchase to a replacement.  Aaah, relief.

Not to mention never misplacing them. I wonder what people will do with all the excess bookshelf space they will have

Contributor
kim_001
0 Kudos

lilio wrote:

that's exactly why i got the nook! so far, i've kept all my books through moves, but last time i moved, i moved a couple houses down, so we decided to just move stuff on foot (a horrible idea!) and used about 2 boxes over and over to move a ton of books, and we moved into an upstairs condo... so that was a lot of fun, and i never want to move books again! (but of course i will... i love reading) so, for me, the nook is a much lighter way to move lots of books.

Frequent Contributor
houndstooth
0 Kudos

Ummm, buy more knick knacks?

http://houndstooth4.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
lilio
0 Kudos

Heritage07 wrote:

Not to mention never misplacing them. I wonder what people will do with all the excess bookshelf space they will have

I have heard of that extra shelf space - Is there truly such a thing?  :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Correspondent
debiant
0 Kudos

Neighborhood epub is a great name...

very-simple
0 Kudos

Heh.  The last time I moved, the movers nearly quit when they saw how many bankers boxes full of books that I had.  I think it was 24.  of just books.  from my studio apartment.  

I used to have a system for getting rid of them that involved shipping more serious ones to my brother in the peace corps in micronesia, but now that's just made my library look like I read nothing but fluff, because I sent all of the more serious stuff away.  Plus, my brother is stateside now, so shipping books 40 blocks north to his apartment doesn't have the same effect :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
RebeccaJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The whole moving my entire personal library is the reason I got the nook as well. Or I should say, my husband packing box after box of books into and out of the moving van is the reason HE got me a nook.

But now that I've been replacing titles that I have in hard cover I still find I can't make myself give up the originals so I still have no shelf space. :smileysad:

Correspondent
Heritage07
0 Kudos

RebeccaJ wrote:

The whole moving my entire personal library is the reason I got the nook as well. Or I should say, my husband packing box after box of books into and out of the moving van is the reason HE got me a nook.

But now that I've been replacing titles that I have in hard cover I still find I can't make myself give up the originals so I still have no shelf space. :smileysad:

Yep and how about first editions. Some books will always have monetary and sentimental values that an eReader can never replace:smileywink: