Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Sandan53
0 Kudos

Re: Thinking of returning Nook Color

Everyone says that they are listening but, no one remembers what was said.
Inspired Correspondent
Sandan53
0 Kudos

I completely agree no eyestrain, no glare (that interfered with reading).  I went outdoors to see if there was a problem reading in the sun, again not a problem.  I am not saying that there is no glare at all; it's just not a problem.

One of the things that I keep hearing is that the NC is for light readers. That is just not the case, I am an avid reader.  I generally read about 2-5 books a week (300 - 500 pages each).

I feel that the Nook Color is the best reader on the market and I am not new to ereaders.  I currently own or owned:

Sony 600, 900

Kindle 2, 3

Nookclassic (2)

NookColor (2)

I have a household of avid readers.

Everyone says that they are listening but, no one remembers what was said.
Frequent Contributor
GuzziAlfa
0 Kudos

Did you notice the blank post that I am replying to of mine?  That's because I was trying to reply with my nookcolor.  Yes, I am indeed considering returning my nookcolor and wrote Customer Service that I'm two clicks away from doing so unless they take some action in the usefulness (or uselessness that is) of the nookcolor keyboard.  There is no keyboard control for touch sensitivity or speed.  Turning off autocorrect/suggest and capitalization did not help.  IF I can get a keyboard to show up at all that is = it triple types quadruple backspaces and when told disappear - never returns.  Why would you build a hide a keyboard button without a show a keyboard button?  I wonder.

It took me 1 solid hour to register the nook color - kept messing up my email address and password and when it did - reboot - loose all selections, networks, time zones and start over.  All because of the bloody keyboard!  Then there's this forum!  Ha - sure I could get to it from the nookcolor's webpage and even sign in - after a fashion.  When the Rich text typing box with all of it's enhancements and emoticons showed up - No keyboard!  Bought this on a lark.  I prefer the nook, the Kindle II and of course, the deliteful Kindle III DX.  No backlighting for me for astronomical field work or reading in bed thank you.  Thought this might take the place of a Viewsonic tablet.

And another thing.....  How come I can't turn the bloody radio off without needing to log back in?  Hmmm?  Imagine the frustration of using the triplety typity error prone virtual keyboard just to listen to the radio?  Crazy, isn't it?  Why can't I just sign in once and then turn it off and turn it back on when I want to use it?  Didn't I register for it already?  Sure - just log back... nope -that sucks.  So, it's a book reader only with a FB interface for quotes like my Kindle DX.  Ok, so I got it to put my astronomy magazines on a 32 gb micro SDHC card.  Sure they are on my nook and Kindle's but magazine's and photo's do look better in color.

These keyboard problems and radio off buttons without having to log back in need immediate software upgrades.  It's still the weekend - I could return it tomorrow.  Didn't cost as much as my Kindle DX so it's not a price thing - it's a useability frustration to the max issue!

John S.