Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

This week's Free Friday ebook 7-8-11

The complex and romanticized lifestyle of elite foxhunters is revealed in this thrilling murder mystery.

An attractive and wealthy lawyer and horseman, Doug Cummings personifies the old money equine subculture of Middleburg, Virginia. Driven to succeed, Cummings's climb to the top is halted when he becomes the target of a twisted scheme to frame him for the murders of his former lover and horse groom.

As Cummings attempts to find the true culprits, the conflicting forces of his community offer a revealing look at how vengeance, love, and envy obscure the search for truth and justice.

The Free Friday ebooks usually gets posted on this message board by me or other posters but they can also be found on the Unbound blog here on the B&N website and posted on the Nook Facebook page. For even more free Nookbooks, there is a thread on the Nookbook Discussion board entitled "Free Nookbook summery thread - please no OT" that is filled with lots of free ebook suggestions from other readers.

Have a great day!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

Re: This week's Free Friday ebook 7-8-11

I think this sounds like a very interesting book.

Distinguished Correspondent
Jadjuka
0 Kudos

Glad to see how every other friday is now a romance novel instead of each and every free friday being a romance. I'll just wait and see what next weeks is and hope its not a romance. I kind of wish Free Friday would have 2 free friday books. One for guys, and one for girls. Real murder/mystery for guys. And the romance/(insert other genera here) for the ladies. You'd get more people wanting to read that way. 

Wordsmith
steffiebaby140

Now, you may find this hard to believe but...as a woman, I don't want all the romancy junk in there either :smileytongue:  But I also don't mind gettting something for free, so they can offer any book they like and I'm happy. 

This one sounds....alright to me, but it could end up much better than the synopsis so let's give it a try and find out.  It can't turn out as badly as that Stupid History one that was free awhile ago, that made my eyes bleed and my brain cells kill themselves.

In a perfect world the chicken would be able to cross the road without his intentions being questioned.
Arestelle
0 Kudos

steffiebaby140 wrote:

Now, you may find this hard to believe but...as a woman, I don't want all the romancy junk in there either :smileytongue:  But I also don't mind gettting something for free, so they can offer any book they like and I'm happy.

Same here. 'Course, I'm not into mysteries or thrillers, either...but since they're free, I'll just keep watching and hope they give us another like Winds of Khalakovo every now and again. Loved that one and will be checking out more of that author in time (think Khalakovo's supposed to be first in a series).

"One day a tortoise will learn how to fly."--Pratchett, Small Gods

Reading: The Demon-Haunted World
Last book read: Leon Martin and the Fantasy Girl (as a test reader--not yet published)
Reader 4
Lissa77
0 Kudos

Looks good thank you!!

I have been reading The Hunger Games Series because a friend of mine recommended them to me. I raced throught the first one couldn't put it down and 3 days later borrowed the second one from her. This series is so good I definitely recommend it. I am only halfway through the second and am anxious to finish so I can start the third!!

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

Arestelle wrote:

steffiebaby140 wrote:

Same here. 'Course, I'm not into mysteries or thrillers, either...but since they're free, I'll just keep watching and hope they give us another like Winds of Khalakovo every now and again. Loved that one and will be checking out more of that author in time (think Khalakovo's supposed to be first in a series).

You and me both.  I think I've downloaded only four or five Free Friday books since it started last year.  But that's OK.  I'm still grateful to have the option.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
ForestGuardCaptain
0 Kudos

Ooh this sounds interesting
Nooksie
0 Kudos

Th

Nooksie
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting. I generally forget unless some kind soul posts a reminder.
Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie
0 Kudos

Jadjuka wrote:

Glad to see how every other friday is now a romance novel instead of each and every free friday being a romance. I'll just wait and see what next weeks is and hope its not a romance. I kind of wish Free Friday would have 2 free friday books. One for guys, and one for girls. Real murder/mystery for guys. And the romance/(insert other genera here) for the ladies. You'd get more people wanting to read that way. 

Jadjuka, I feel your pain, but not all of the ladies here are into romance novels myself included.  Never bought one, never will, not even a free one. 
Now with that being said, I don't totally object to light romance within a novel, I just don't want the whole book devoted to that.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.