Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
mommamania
0 Kudos

Tote Suggestion?

Hi, all.  I have a cover for my nook, but I am looking for some sort of tote to carry it in. 

It needs to be large enough to contain the nook with the cover.  I would prefer that it be able to be closed up as I carry the nook in my purse and I just want some added protection.

Would any of you be so kind as to direct me to a place where I could find something of the sort.

Thanks so much!

Frequent Contributor
nekowafer
0 Kudos

Re: Tote Suggestion?

[ Edited ]

Borsa Bella bags are pretty awesome.

There are a few sizes, so you can choose one that fits your Nook plus the cover. I'm getting the extra large size, so that I can fit my Nook, in my Oberon case, with my charger and booklight, all into the same bag.

Frequent Contributor
dee_deefl
0 Kudos

Hi mommamania

I've been using my "old" B&N tote.

You know the ones with the authors on them.

Mine has Charles Dickens on it.

Anyway, I put my Nook, phone, MP3 player and a jacket (just in case).

Lots of room for everything.

Distinguished Correspondent
MiniMischief
0 Kudos

I use a netbook neoprene sleeve.  It's the perfect size for the nook and cover to slide in, and it zips closed.  I found mine at Ross for $7.99.  Most of the discounters carry these at a reasonable price.  I've seen them at Ross, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc.  Target and Wal-Mart carry then too but they are more money.  And yes, I like a good bargain.  :smileyhappy:

Oh, and yes, I DO have a cover for my nook cover!  ;-)  This keeps my Oberon cover from getting pen marks and scratches from whatever is lurking in my purse.  And it gives me peace of mind that I have one more layer of protection for my beloved Nook.

Life is too short to read bad books. . .
Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

I found a netbook cover at Big Lots for $7.00, so I've been using that. There's a bit of extra room so I carry a few other things with it too.

Frequent Contributor
nekowafer
0 Kudos

Darnit, sorry, I forgot about the link thing. Just do a Google or Etsy search for her stuff if you'd like to try Borsa Bella. They're beautiful, and very well padded.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

If you want a netbook sleeve, go to meritline, I've bought several there.  I always get them on sale for aoub $1.59 each including shipping!  I just purchased a few but they have gone up to $3.99 again with free shipping.  Just add a .com to the end of the company name.

Contributor
leaannzle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I second the Borsa Bella suggestion. 

I have the Ereader "roo" bag, that has a zippered pouch to hold the power cord and light, and I love it!  My Nook with an Industriell Easel cover fits nicely, and I can fit it in my larger purses.

I make and sell Nook covers/bags on etsy as well, but I liked this bag so much I swapped out the one I was using that I made for myself!

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

ooo thanks for the ideas..I don't like my tote that much it's just so plain and ugly, I was thinking about finding some patches or something to put on it, but now maybe I can get another bag that might work.

Frequent Contributor
debbi801
0 Kudos

nekowafer wrote:

Borsa Bella bags are pretty awesome.

There are a few sizes, so you can choose one that fits your Nook plus the cover. I'm getting the extra large size, so that I can fit my Nook, in my Oberon case, with my charger and booklight, all into the same bag.

I'm another Bursa Bella fan.  I have my nook in an Oberon case, and then keep that in my Bursa Bella bag.  Either with the strap on if I'm carrying the bag by itself (it has room for my wallet and cell phone too), or with the strap off if I'm tossing it in my regular purse. 

Contributor
mommamania
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for the suggestions.

Contributor
ldjican
0 Kudos

I just recently purchased this pouch from BN it fits my nook perfectly. I too had a neoprene netbook case first but when I got my  lyra light front cover it didn't fit because of the extra battery bulk but this fit perfect and it also has extra room for the charger. Jonathan Adler Love Dove Embroidered Accessory Pouch (7"x10")  This is the one I chose but there were several different designs and some generic brands but I chose this one because it had like a plastic cover so it wouldn't get dirty easily.

"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."
— Stephen King
Reader
SunshineDawn
0 Kudos

I bought this it is a padded hard type case, handles it fits my nook w/ the splash-proof cover on it. & it comes w/ a nook light. 

http://www.amazon.com/Carrying-E-Book-Barnes-Nobles-eLight/dp/B0032S2VKE/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie...

also if you go to amazon.com and search nook accessories there is a deluxe case & many other options.

SunshineDawn
Frequent Contributor
sublimestars
0 Kudos

Thanks @ldjican! I like the borsa bella bags but the cute Jonathan Adler pouch is a much cheaper alternative. I have a cover for my nook but still want a case to put it and the charger in, that seems like it'd be just the right size to do the trick.

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

ldjican wrote:

I just recently purchased this pouch from BN it fits my nook perfectly. I too had a neoprene netbook case first but when I got my  lyra light front cover it didn't fit because of the extra battery bulk but this fit perfect and it also has extra room for the charger. Jonathan Adler Love Dove Embroidered Accessory Pouch (7"x10")  This is the one I chose but there were several different designs and some generic brands but I chose this one because it had like a plastic cover so it wouldn't get dirty easily.

I wondered if those would fit my nook.  It is cushioned enough to protect the nook?