Reader 4
M_J_M
0 Kudos

Trade-ins

Does Barnes and Noble take trade-ins for new nooks or should I go to Kindle?  I paid a bundle for the original Nook (even had to wait on line for shipping) and now we are being ignored as far as any updates are concerned - last one was VS 1.5 (a long time ago).  Web still is terrible, no apps have been added.  I think I've learned a lesson - not to buy anything until it's out for at least 2 years.

Very disappointed.

Inspired Correspondent
Nom-de-Nook

Re: Trade-ins

I think you should go to Kindle.  Its web is terrible and they won't give you a trade in either.  But at least you will be complaining about a different device at that point.

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Nom-de-Nook wrote:

I think you should go to Kindle.  Its web is terrible and they won't give you a trade in either.  But at least you will be complaining about a different device at that point.

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Scribe
Haleakala_LKB
0 Kudos

M_J_M wrote:

Does Barnes and Noble take trade-ins for new nooks or should I go to Kindle?  I paid a bundle for the original Nook (even had to wait on line for shipping) and now we are being ignored as far as any updates are concerned - last one was VS 1.5 (a long time ago).  Web still is terrible, no apps have been added.  I think I've learned a lesson - not to buy anything until it's out for at least 2 years.

Very disappointed.

No, no trade ins. Update was late November or early December. Not so very long ago. I'm sorry your're not happy iwht your e-reader, but what did you get it for? Reading? Surfing the web? Game? Get a smartphone, it shold do all you want AND make calls. Love mine. Just use my NOOK to read. 

LisaB

Scribe
frantastk
0 Kudos

Well, the last update wasn't that long ago. It was late November, I believe, right before Thanksgiving. How often do other devices get updates? I really don't know. I have an extremely dumb phone and I've had my ipod since last spring and have never seen an update for it.  I have only very minor complaints I would want an update for on my nook, and would have no problems if we never saw another update. I can read books. I can check my email in a pinch or look something up on dictionary.com or wikipedia, and even check my facebook page if I really need to with no problems.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
0 Kudos

I paid $259 for my Nook.  I bought it for reading books.  It worked then and it works now.  Currently I can access the web from my desktopPC, my work laptop, my phone, and my Xoom.  I can suffer with that.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80

You can use the trade in policy that Best Buy has towards a nookcolor which now does have apps if that's what you want but, like to point out the Nook classic is purely a e-reader, it sounds like you want the nookcolor which is the e-reader tablet.  

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
0 Kudos

M_J_M wrote:

Very disappointed.

Just for the sake of argument if we answered YES they do take trade-ins for new nooks, lets even go as far as saying if you bring in your current nook they give you a new one for JUST $20.00, I am trying to figure out what NEW Nook you think you are getting...

The SAME Nook you bought is the SAME nook they are still selling.  you have the LATEST updated software.  so what exactly 'new' thing are you thinking you need to get/  because what you have is the EXACT SAME as the 'new' thing you want to exchange this for.

please please come back and answer to me what NEW device you think you are getting and explain in detail how that is different in form, function or application of what you have now.

Wordsmith
KingAl
0 Kudos

M_J_M wrote:

Very disappointed.

Um, then you may not be happy with Amazon either. Amazon has not been providing feature updates for older Kindles either (Kindle Generations 1,2 and the Kindle DX), so it is likely that if you bought a Kindle now, there won't be any feature updates after the next Kindle is released.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

M_J_M wrote:

Very disappointed.

One would have to wonder why you bought the Nook if it didn't have any of the features that you wanted.

I, too, (as have many, many others) paid "a bundle" for the original Nook.  It has performed exactly as advertised.