Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
bugaboo88
0 Kudos

Transfer E-book from laptop to nook

How do I transfer an ebook from my labtop to my nook? Help????

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Transfer E-book from laptop to nook

bugaboo88 wrote:

How do I transfer an ebook from my labtop to my nook? Help????

You need to sideload them, which means you need to copy them from the laptop to the Nook's My Documents  via USB cable.  There's video tutorial on the Nook support page under Beyond Ebooks, how do I put other files on my Nook.  If you search the boards there are a number of posts explaining this.

Here's a link to the page with the video tutorial.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/container/standard_bothnavs.asp?PID=35678

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@bugaboo88

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

For library books and DRM books from other sites, you'll need Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).

Here are FrogAlum's instructions -- they should help:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Technical-Support/Using-Adobe-Digital-Editions-ADE-Libra...

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
New User
diannalee
0 Kudos

The reason I have to go through the laborious step of using my laptop to download books is because I'm on dial-up. For this reason, directions requiring me to view a video don't work! Please provide written assistance. I'll bet there are a lot of people like me who are only using the laptop as an intermediary because of slow internet connections.

Thanks,

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
The post above yours (by ABthree) contains a link to written instructions for this, curtesy of FrogAllum. You could also go to a place with free wifi (McDonalds, Starbucks, many restaurants, your public library) and download books directly to your ereader.
A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A
0 Kudos

The easier way: Download and install NOOK for PC if you haven't already done so. Use NOOK for PC to download your NOOKbook. Copy the NOOKbook from "My B&N Downloads/[your account email address]" folder into the "my documents" folder on your NOOK. (curtesy Doug Pardee)