02-17-2011 09:48 AM
Good morning everyone.
If you have two nooks in a household and two b&n accounts how do you share titles?
02-17-2011 10:00 AM
for reference I will use the terms Account A and Account B
If account A is the one that first buys the book, then I have found it the easiest to do the following:
1) Download PC for Nook Applcation
2) Open the PC for Nook program, enter the account info for Account A, refresh if you need to and your library should pop up
3) Find the book you want to share, hoover mouse over it and you should see a few boxes, including DOWNLOAD. Click download
4) This should dump the book onto your C Drive under My Documents and then I think something like 'My Nook Documents' or 'MY Nook' and then a subfolder for the email address used
5) Plug the Nook for ACCOUNY B into the computer, then drag the file from the My Nook/email folder you want to move to the My Documents folder on the Account B nook
6) that book (On account B's nook) will be found in the My Documents not the My B&N Library
7) The very FIRST time you go to open the book, you will be asked to enter the name and credit card of Account A. Only the first time
NOTE - I do the Download for PC on the PC for Nook because it does something strange with the file name if you download it from the internet B&N site and at times it does not work
there is also a really nice thread going I am sure someone else will attach, but I couldn't find it quickly and it was getting kind of long (I have read through it multiple times) so I thought I would summarize above
anyone else please correct my steps above if they are wrong, I don't mind.
02-17-2011 10:06 AM
Here is the link to Doug's instructions for two nook household - sharing books:
Happy sharing with your nooks
02-17-2011 10:08 AM
thanks tweedeldee - I was about to go track ti down myself
between that link and hopefully mine above you should be ok, if you run into a hitch let us know.
just remember the books you move are in my documents, not the my B&N library on the nook
02-17-2011 11:18 AM - edited 02-17-2011 11:20 AM
I would reregister one to the other account otherwise you can't.
See the link in my signature. Doug explains why you don't want to do that and how you can share books without doing that.
[EDIT: I really should read the whole thread before I respond. ]