Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
kabsconcepts
0 Kudos

Unable to Purchase - Check your library?

Hi,

I just bought a Nook Color. I am trying to get a few kids books and I keep getting the same error. My Nook Color says " Unable to Purchase - This item has already been purchased. Please check your library." I go to my library and the book is not there. I tried logging into my bn.com account and looking at My Nook Library and it IS listed there. Any ideas how to view it on my Nook Color?

Thanks!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: Unable to Purchase - Check your library?

kabsconcepts wrote:

Hi,

I just bought a Nook Color. I am trying to get a few kids books and I keep getting the same error. My Nook Color says " Unable to Purchase - This item has already been purchased. Please check your library." I go to my library and the book is not there. I tried logging into my bn.com account and looking at My Nook Library and it IS listed there. Any ideas how to view it on my Nook Color?

Thanks!

This is the nook general discussion.  You may want to post this on one of the NookColor boards -

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/bd-p/NOOKcolorGeneralDiscussion

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/bd-p/NOOKcolortechnicalsupport

Have you tried to power down and restart the NC?

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Josienjoe wrote:

This is the nook general discussion.  You may want to post this on one of the NookColor boards -

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/bd-p/NOOKcolorGeneralDiscussion

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/bd-p/NOOKcolortechnicalsupport

Josie,

Do you have that set up as a template?  :smileywink:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

Josienjoe wrote:

Josie,

Do you have that set up as a template?  :smileywink:

I do kinda sound like a broken record, don't I?  

(For those of us older enough to know what a broken record sounds like.  :smileyvery-happy:)

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

kabsconcepts wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

I assume you are shopping from you NOOKcolor?  If not, make sure your WiFi connection is working properly.  Once you know you have a working WiFi connection, go into your library and tap the sync icon (lower left side, circle made from two arrows).  If you have a B&N store nearby, you might want to try going there and seeing if they download through their WiFi.  Some people have issues with home WiFi telling them they are conencted, giving them Web access through the browser, but not letting them shop and not downloading ebooks.
If that doesn't work:
Are these the free ebooks that came with your NOOKcolor (or other free ebooks) or paid ebooks that you just bought?  If they are free, you can go into your B&N library online and delete them from there and then "repurchase" them.  This helps a lot of people with downloading issues with the free Kids Read to Me ebooks that come with the NC.  I would not do this with paid for ebooks, though, unless you are willing to pay for them again.
The other option, if nothing else works, is to erase and unregister your device and then reregsister it.  That usually fixes the issue.
PS: See my signature or Josienjoe's links.  :smileyhappy:

New User
kabsconcepts
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. I will repost in the other forum area. But to answer your question, yes, I have powered down and restarted. The books still aren't there.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

kabsconcepts wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will repost in the other forum area. But to answer your question, yes, I have powered down and restarted. The books still aren't there.

Bummer.  Try Nallia's suggestions then.  Hopefully one of them will work.

Good luck.  :smileyhappy:

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Josienjoe wrote:

I do kinda sound like a broken record, don't I?  

(For those of us older enough to know what a broken record sounds like.  :smileyvery-happy:)

I have over 700 LP's sitting in my basement (in cartons)... I'm well aware of what a broken record sounds like... :smileywink:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Contributor
surgeSS
0 Kudos

Hey, I have exactly the same problem.  Trying to get The Elephant's Child but it keep saying the same message.  Very frustrating.

Contributor
s2kreno
0 Kudos

Same problem here, need help!

I purchased a book and after several months and several calls to tech support I was still unable to get it to download. So I contacted the Nook FaceBook page and someone refunded my money. I deleted the corrupted book from my account and tried again to purchase it. Now I get the message "You already own this item." No, really, I don't. I have been TRYING to own it since April though! Grrrrr. Why, when you delete an item, do you get a message saying that you'll have to repurchase the book if you want it after deleting but then it still won't let you buy the freaking book?! Grrrrr!

New User
heyitsrae
0 Kudos

Re: Same problem here, need help!

[ Edited ]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am having the exact same problem as you! Anyone have a solution?

(i thought it would quote the person above me when I hit reply... guess not.)