Reader 4
ndap
0 Kudos

Using the Public Library for ebooks

I have been reading ebooks from the Phoenix Public Library and find that I read more quickly when using my NC.   Can I send the books back to the library, or do they expire after my 14day rental date?

Wordsmith
wordsandmelodies
0 Kudos

Re: Using the Public Library for ebooks

You can return your book early.  If you open Adobe Digital Editions, mouse over the book to highlight.  There will be a small box with a triangle in it in the upper lefthand corner; click, and it will give you the option to return your book.  You will want to hook your NOOK up and delete the book, too.

Reader 4
ndap
0 Kudos

thanks for instruction.  I am new to Nook, learning quickly and enjoying every moment.   I may even start carrying NC in my briefcase, and after 30 years of carrying a briefcase with no personal reading material in it, that really says something!  Enjoy!

Reader 4
arizele
0 Kudos

Great question. I don't know the answer but I want to know as well!  Have the problem.  After reading an epub library book from the Greater Phoenix Library, would like to return it earlier so I can add another book to my hold request list.  How do I return it early to the library?

I do know that library e-books expire  and disappear from my Nook after 21 days.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

arizele wrote:

How do I return it early to the library?

Go to ADE and click on the arrow in the upper left corner of the icon of the book you want to return.  You have several options; the last one is "Return Borrowed Item."  (Or it's last for me.)  Choose it and your book will be returned.  :smileyhappy:  

ETA:  Or you could just read what wordsandmelodies already posted.  Sorry for being redundant.

Reader 4
arizele
0 Kudos

thanks so much to both of you.  Love this site. I've learned so much already. :smileyhappy: