Reader 2
tenthredemption
0 Kudos

V 1.3 Issues Sideloading?

I can't seem to get the manual downgrade working.  I've downloaded it...and dropped it into my Nook's main directory.  I'm doing everything as instructed.  Anyone else having issues???

Contributor
perry0718
0 Kudos

Re: V 1.3 Issues Sideloading?

did you eject the nook?  Mine started automatically after I did that.  There was a little indicator in the lower right corner.

I DID get an android error shortly after it rebooted (sorry, didn't write it down), but I just rebooted it again and it works fine now.

Frequent Contributor
Delenn1
0 Kudos

tenthredemption wrote:

I can't seem to get the manual downgrade working.  I've downloaded it...and dropped it into my Nook's main directory.  I'm doing everything as instructed.  Anyone else having issues???

Make sure that the file you are putting on your nook is "signed_bravo_update" (exactly)

Reader 2
tenthredemption
0 Kudos

yup...did the eject.  at about 40% it would say "invalid update."  did that a few times.  i reinstalled it for the fifth time just now and it appears to be working.  LOL.  guess it takes a few tries...

TNS
Distinguished Correspondent
TNS
0 Kudos

I am sure some others may be having problems but it worked fine for me.

Some things to make sure of.  Make sure the download comes with its correct name.  Sometime windows does things like add to the name a (1) etc.  correct name is signed_bravo_update.dat and is about 64.7 mb.

Copy it to the root that shows up in your drive view of the nook, which you said you did.

Make sure you eject the drive and the system acknowledges that it is now safe to remove the device.  And I recommend you immediately then disconnect the usb from your PC and connect it to Nook Wall adapter and plug that in so that the PC doesn't see the device during some of its reboots and the nook definitely has power during the entire update process. 

Reader 2
tenthredemption
0 Kudos

it's working now.  :smileyhappy:  thanks everyone!  now to enjoy the new goodies!

Distinguished Wordsmith
TXAnnie
0 Kudos

I can't seem to get the direct download from my nook, starts to load, then nothing.  I am kind of afraid of messing things up in the manuel download, but if you can try for five times, guess I should get brave and try once at least!

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
0 Kudos

TXAnnie wrote:

I can't seem to get the direct download from my nook, starts to load, then nothing.  I am kind of afraid of messing things up in the manuel download, but if you can try for five times, guess I should get brave and try once at least!

There's really not anything you can do to mess anything up, so don't worry.  :smileyhappy: 

• Make sure you remember where you save the update file.
  • Plug your nook into your computer.
  • Open the folder where you saved the update file.
  • In a separate window, open your nook drive.
  • Don't click on any of the nook's subfolders.
  • Drag the update file over to your nook and drop it.
  • Right click on your nook in your Windows Explorer and select Eject.
  • Your nook will update automatically.