Correspondent
iluv2readmynook

Re: We’d Like Your Input

Michael:

First I am just thankful that even SOME of the great classics have been even offered for FREE!!  I too, would love to be able to get a chance to download the classics that I missed. Unfortunately, I did not learn about them until the offer was nearly offer.  Or perhaps even an offer of first 20 for free, next 20 for $1.00, etc.......  I'm glad that I am not the only NOOK lover that wants this same ability.  I believe that you have more than enough titles for the 'final week.'  Just hoping to get a deal on the ones I lost out on.  If I can't - that is totally MY fault, and I still will have nothing but PRAISE for BN and NOOK, and missing out on a free deal won't change that.  One loyal BN customer and NOOK owner. K

Distinguished Correspondent
Whitecat5000
0 Kudos

Contributor
Susan_A
0 Kudos

First of all, thank you B&N for this wonderful gift of free Barnes & Noble Classics. I purchased my Nook for "reading mobility" (and I love it), so for me the freebies and promotions are a bonus!

That said, the Classics that I would love to see in next week's lineup are:

The Scarlet Pimpernel

Man in the Iron Mask

Middlemarch

Robinson Crusoe

Daniel Deronda

Way We Live Now

The Four Feathers

Howard's End

The Good Soldier

Tom Jones

Illiad

Odyssey

FInally, I want to thank all of you knowledgable posters. You have answered so many of my questions and given me many good tips for using my Nook!

Contributor
MelbelleTX
0 Kudos

1. A Tale of Two Cities

2. A Tale of Two Cities

3. A Tale of Two Cities

4. did I mention A Tale of Two Cities?  :smileyvery-happy:

5 and 6 The Sherlock Holmes Vol 1 and 2

I killed Asmodean... :smileywink:
Reader 4
jelloonsprings
0 Kudos

The Complete Sherlock Holmes Volumes 1 and 2I

These are ones I have been hoping would be released the whole time. :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

I would like:

Odyssey

Iliad

Aesop's Fables

Thank you!

Contributor
FL_GAL
0 Kudos

How about some John Steinbeck???

Frequent Contributor
_deb_

Speaking as someone who has been woefully  :smileysad: neglectful of the classics in her reading forays, I want to first thank BN for the opportunity of redemption with such a wonderful promotion!

Second, I would love to see any additional free classics offered and if they happen to satisfy the top requests in this thread (Seen Watson, anyone?) - even better.  However, if a favorite doesn't make the cut....or was offered earlier and was missed....it can be purchased for the EXTREMELY reasonable price of $2.99, maybe less!  You can't get much better than that....save the calories and skip the McD's combo for a few days to complete your collection.  How easy is that?

As for taking advantage of offers prior to purchase, second chances for previous freebies, research prior to purchase, monitoring the boards, etc. I believe it is important to remember it is all about choices.  We all make them and have to/get to live with the consequences.  You cannot or choose not to spend the necessary time monitoring these boards and opportunities will be missed.  That's life.  That's choice.  It does not make you less...nor does it make the person who was aware and able to get the freebie more....  It simply makes everyone's life consistent with their choices.  Example - I recently missed a great offer due to my habit of avoiding, if at all possible, my computer each weekend.  I missed the books but had a great afternoon with my family.  My choice.....my loss....my reward.

Hope to see you later at...

Frequent Contributor
ellsbells930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

**deleted*

Correspondent
EmrysIN
0 Kudos

Is it Friday yet? I'm ready for my last set of classics!

I'm also secretly hoping that the free friday book starts to be classics after this. I doubt that will happen, but crossing my fingers. :smileytongue:

Inspired Wordsmith
mykoffee
0 Kudos

Well I got an email for this theme - Around the World in 5,792 Pages,   so is this old or new?  I'm so confused!

Linda

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

that is indeed the current theme, a new one will begin on Friday

my life is a Soap Opera, and I want a new head writer!
Inspired Wordsmith
mykoffee
0 Kudos

RedRapier wrote:

that is indeed the current theme, a new one will begin on Friday

Do you happen to know what each theme has been called so far?  My daughter was just asking me this morning what she missed out on.    I remember one being romance but that's all I can recall aside from the tear jerkers and the horror/scary set.

Linda

Correspondent
illmunkeys
0 Kudos

Walden and Civil Disobedience - Henry David Thorea

Utopia - Sir Thomas Moore

Secret Agent - Joseph Conrad

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

mykoffee wrote:

Do you happen to know what each theme has been called so far?

1. Books That Made Us Love Reading
  2. If You Liked The Movie... 12 Great Books That Inspired 12 Great Movies
  3. Free Love... 12 Enduring Stories of Romance and Passion
  4. Uncensored: Books That Were Banned
  5. Tearjerkers
  6. Women Who Inspired Us
  7. Tales to Read Under the Covers
  8. Around the World in 5,792 Pages
Inspired Wordsmith
mykoffee
0 Kudos

Thanks Doug!  :smileyhappy:

Linda

Distinguished Correspondent
GeneHunter
0 Kudos

My choices: Sherlock Holmes Vol 1 & 2 and anything else B&N is willing to give me.

Now that this promotion is ending, I'm looking f orward to what B&N will put together for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas (Dickens ?), Valentine's Day, etc.  Also looking forward to any time the Library of Essential Reading is offered.

Frequent Contributor
zippyap
0 Kudos

If they haven't been offered yet:

Anna Karenina

War and Peace

Thank you very much for all the books you offered previously which I wholeheartedly gobbled up.

Frequent Contributor
tiniree
0 Kudos

Being a new Nook owner, I loved finding the current classics being offered free. 

After reading many postings, I vote that you bring back the other classic offerings (like the All American classics, etc.) so all of us new Nook owners are able to download these for free also.

Marie

Frequent Contributor
Zeeker
0 Kudos