Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
obiwon
0 Kudos

Webserviceexception: INVALID_EAN

I'm trying to download the 5th book in a series to read and get the error message:

webserviceexception: Invalid_ean..

I've emailed customer support twice in the past month and get their very nice generic pre-set response but no help. I'm at a dead end. I can't order my book and don't want to jump to the next book. I love my Nook but beginning to have second thoughts about service and dependability. DId I choose wisely? Any ideas on what I can do to get this situation remedied?

Just FYI - The book is Assassins by Tim LaHaye and is the 5th book in the Left Behind series.

I started reading them years ago in hardback but the delay in coming out caused me to stop. I thought this was the perfect thing for finishing the whole series and I gladly pay $ 9.99 per book to get them as I need them - until now...... HELP!!!

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

Re: Webserviceexception: INVALID_EAN

B&N's email Customer Service is a low-priority (48-hour turnaround) service for general inquiries. The responses are usually either answers from the FAQ or "call us".

You need to talk to the phone Customer Service people. 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

By the way, are you ordering from NOOK or from the B&N web site?

It looks like the EAN number has changed on that book. It used to be 9781414322377 but now it's 9781414350202. It sounds like you're trying to order with the old ISBN for some reason.

You might try buying it from this page: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Assassins/Tim-LaHaye/e/9781414350202/

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Actually it sounds like you put the book (with the old EAN) on your wish list and now you are trying to order it from the wish list.

Just search for it again and download the result.

New User
Mychael612
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. I am trying to order the book directly from the shop on my nook and it will not work. Will I just have to buy the book online and then download it to my nook?

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Mychael612 wrote:

I am having the same problem. I am trying to order the book directly from the shop on my nook and it will not work. Will I just have to buy the book online and then download it to my nook?

If you buy the book online, when you connect your nook to wifi/3g (depending on which device you have) the book should automatically download (unless it's a pre-order).  I'd just buy the book online if it were me.

New User
rachellerain
0 Kudos

Me too...same book.