Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Kunde
0 Kudos

Re: What 5 Buttons Would You Keep???

I am not answering this thread. I wait for the "What 6 buttons would you keep?" thread :smileyvery-happy:

PS: I too like the wifi-button for quick on/off.

Correspondent
NanaLou
0 Kudos

I would like the following buttons:

1.  Library  (move "Reading Now" as an option under library)

2.  Shop

3.  Note Pad  (I can only put a limited number of post-its on my nook and still read)

4.  Sudoku or Games  (if more added, but not necessary)

5.  Settings

Frequent Contributor
parKb5
0 Kudos

My 5 buttons would be

My Library (books I've read)

Book Stack (books I haven't read)

Reading Now

Store

Settings (cram everything else in there)

You could always have a sub menu in My Library for books I've read and books I haven't read and make the 5th button My Games...but only if B&N actually plans on releasing more games, like crosswords or jumble madness.

Eden
My first ebook is up for sale for only $0.99!
Frequent Contributor
Dhanu
0 Kudos

FrogAlum wrote:

If you had to limit yourself to 5 buttons on the nook menu, what would they be?  Would you miss the others?

1. Library
  2. Reading Now
  3. Settings
  4. Pageforward
  5. Pageback

That is if you are talking about ALL the buttons lol.  Nothing else matters if you can't turn a page.

Frequent Contributor
Beckah
0 Kudos

Reading now

Library

Shop

WiFi

Settings

I never use the Games, Audio or Web but shifting the buttons did teach me how to swipe. I check the Daily on Friday for Unbound which usually describes the Free Friday title. But otherwise, the Daily is totally useless. I like the separate WiFi button.