Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
sub_rosa
0 Kudos

What Games Are You Hoping For?

Now that the Nook is a gaming console, what games are you hoping for in the next update?

I'm thinking maybe Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, or Battleship - that was a sweet game.  Gears of War?  Operation - where you do surgery on the guy and if you miss his nose lights up!  That was awesome.

It's the Goldman Sachs version!

Also, the browser needs to be fixed so that it handles pr0n better...

Don't buy from Random House, Macmillan, or Penguin until the agency model is COMPLETELY dead.
Inspired Correspondent
jynclr
0 Kudos

Re: What Games Are You Hoping For?

Contributor
scrollert
0 Kudos

Seriously I think word games - crostics, crosswords, would be fun.

Reader
catholicteacherman
0 Kudos

Scrabble!

Correspondent
LadyTessie
0 Kudos

I'm not really hoping for any games. Like a lot of folks I have other gadgets for for on the go games. However, since they went in that direction already... I don't remember how to play chess and never had an interest in suduko. I guess I'd give crosswords and solitaire a go if available

Inspired Correspondent
PepaLou

I wish they hadn't even gone down that road with the games.  It's an e-reader, not a gaming console. 

So, what games do I want to see on the nook?  How about a game where Barnes and Noble allows members to use their membership card towards the purchase of e-books.  Other than that...NO GAMES.

Brasil #1
Proud owner of "COUNT NOOKULA"!
Stop adding more crap to my nook! If I wanted a do it all POS, I would have bought an Ipad!
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947
0 Kudos

PepaLou wrote:

I wish they hadn't even gone down that road with the games.  It's an e-reader, not a gaming console. 

So, what games do I want to see on the nook?  How about a game where Barnes and Noble allows members to use their membership card towards the purchase of e-books.  Other than that...NO GAMES.

The reason your Membership doesn't apply is because of the agency model, not BN. Under the new model you're buying the ebook directly from the publisher and BN just runs the website, so they set all the pricing and discounts.

Distinguished Wordsmith
DiAnneInDover
0 Kudos

Stick me smack in the category of "games?  what for?"  Given a choice of playing scrabble, yahtzee, crossword puzzles or reading a few chapters of my book, the book will always be what I open.  So, if it sells more units, go for it and put more games on.  I'll never use them.

As for surfing p0rn...that's what sideloading is for!! :smileyhappy:

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518

I'm wishing that the Big 5 STOP playing games. As far as the Nook is concerned the games on it are meaningless to me.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Contributor
FredFlintstone
0 Kudos

I would like to see crossword puzzles added to games.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

DiAnneInDover wrote:

Stick me smack in the category of "games?  what for?"  

Exactly.

Now that this can of worms was opened, games and the web browser will mushroom to absorb all development time and basic fixes to reading are going to take a back seat.

virtually NONE of the wish list items were delivered.  But we got games.  Why?  Because Kindle has games and web.

This is a sponge that will soak up all development effort. Mark my word.

I hate even seeing polls like this.  Why encourage it?

Correspondent
illmunkeys
0 Kudos

icebike wrote:

If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say sub_rosa was being facetious and after a few replies people began to fall for it.

Contributor
Abudaman
0 Kudos

crosswords & other word games would be nice

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

illmunkeys wrote:

icebike wrote:

If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say sub_rosa was being facetious and after a few replies people began to fall for it.

What's that you say?  Sub-Rosa trolling?  

Say it ain't so...!

:smileywink:

Inspired Correspondent
jynclr
0 Kudos

icebike wrote:

illmunkeys wrote:

icebike wrote:

What's that you say?  Sub-Rosa trolling?  

Say it ain't so...!

:smileywink:

:smileyvery-happy:

Which is why my response was really nonsensical. :smileywink:

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

jynclr wrote:

Yeah, but we're used to nonsense from you jynclr.  :smileysurprised:

:smileywink:.

Just kidding of course...

Inspired Correspondent
jynclr
0 Kudos

icebike wrote:

jynclr wrote:

Yeah, but we're used to nonsense from you jynclr.  :smileysurprised:

:smileywink:.

Just kidding of course...

:smileysurprised::smileymad:

hehe :smileywink:

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51

I want the option to refuse web browsers, games and other bloatware on my nook. I wasn't asked if I wanted those things but there they are. It really sucks.

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

I also assumed sub_rosa (I forget, sub_rosa is a he, Frog_Alum is a she or do I have that backwards), was be facetious.  But I'd like a game that allows me to organize my books (in both libraries) in subfolders that I create and another one that allows me to reorganize the buttons on the touch screen in the order I want.

Inspired Correspondent
jynclr
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

I also assumed sub_rosa (I forget, sub_rosa is a he, Frog_Alum is a she or do I have that backwards), was be facetious.  But I'd like a game that allows me to organize my books (in both libraries) in subfolders that I create and another one that allows me to reorganize the buttons on the touch screen in the order I want.

Now THAT sounds like a most excellent "game!" :smileywink: