Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
NFormby
0 Kudos

Re: What did you name your nook?

I know its not to original... but, I named mine.. "Nikki's Nookie".

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

I named my Shara from WoT

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
New User
lormilla
0 Kudos

My new husband gave me my nook for Christmas. We decided together to call it "Nookie".

Contributor
crazyladyteacher
0 Kudos

I got called a nookie by a student for having my nook with me everywhere I go!

Contributor
crazyladyteacher
0 Kudos

George! I don't know why I love the name so much, but I do. Might be something from Of Mice and Men.

Reader 4
karmatir
0 Kudos

I got mine in early Feb I wanted a chance to get to know it before plopping a name on it. Ultimately I ended up with the rather uncreative "My Precioussss" as that is exactly how I talk about it and address it!

Reader 4
SorryMyEnglish
0 Kudos

I named mine "Shironami".  It's a made up Japanese word combining shiro, white, and nami, wave.  I picture this little white gadget unleashing a tidal wave of books and new ideas on me.  Maybe I'll call my next Nook "TitleWave"!

New User
beachhoppr
0 Kudos

NAnook :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
ne14abeer

Under firmware 1.2 I named mine “Dysfunctional nook.” It now has firmware 1.3 and I think I’ll change it to  “Get’n Better nook.”

-Mike-
In the Pacific Northwet
Reader 2
Alice-in-Wonderland_lover
0 Kudos

Well im getting my nook tomorrow. . .hopefully! I got express shipping because i couldnt wait :smileyhappy: So far name ideas are either 1. alice due to the fact im obsessed with Alice and Wonderland (if u couldnt tell by my name :smileyhappy: lol) im getting the alice cover (pre-ordered) and alice screensaver and if i can find one and alice skin. 2. Annabel Lee after my favorite Edgar Allan Poe poem, or 3. Nookleback after Nickleback one of my top bands (name complements of my father).

Contributor
Nicole12G
0 Kudos

I named mine Scorpius after Malfoy's son in the final Harry Potter book. Malfoy was my favorite character from the series and I'm also a Scorpio :robotvery-happy:

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

B&N has a Alice set of screen savers that was for DL a month or so ago.  I sure its still around somewhere, if not let me Know PM and I will send to you

Frequent Contributor
jjr183
0 Kudos

Since I read a lot of Fantasy / SF and Athena is sometimes known as the goddess of reading I have named mine 'Athena's Workshop'.

Reader
teardrops
0 Kudos

I call mine Kass, b/c my iphone is Cassie Castiel thanks to my youngest dear daughter!!!! Now can't wait to get it back had to return it. Grrrrrr

Reader
TheGunny

My Nook name is:  My phone number and REWARD IF RETURNED should I happen to loose the device.

B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

I had a hard time thinking about what I should name my NOOK, so I enlisted my husband's help. The end result was Gutenberg's Obsolescence.

Frequent Contributor
parKb5
0 Kudos

I named mine "tom nook" after the capitalistic racoon in game "Animal Crossing."

Eden
My first ebook is up for sale for only $0.99!
Reader 4
bblkd
0 Kudos

I enlisted the help of my 3 daughters.  We came up with Mr.. Norbert McNook - Norbert for short!:smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
aditya
0 Kudos

I named her ... ah ... it  - "ook!" (with the exclamation mark)

(with apologies to the UU librarian in Discworld :smileywink:. Thought it was appropriate on so many levels :smileytongue:)

The cake is a lie.
Frequent Contributor
JustTrish
0 Kudos

I named my Nook Chiron after the first centaur in Greek Mythology.

As you might imagine, I am into astrology and, quite coincidentally, am coming up to my Chiron Return, so it also celebrates that event.

Chiron was half man, half horse.  The Nook is half book, half gadget.

Chiron was known as a master musician and a profoundly knowledgeable creature. Gods and Titans eagerly sent their sons to him to be trained in the herioc arts.