Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
Kevin

What did you name your nook?

We’ve seen some interesting talk about what people are calling their nooks, and thought it might be fun to have a thread specifically on this topic. … So, what are you calling your nook?

Reader
thegink
0 Kudos

Re: What did you name your nook?

neville is his name.  don't know why, but neville is what he became when he showed up.

Frequent Contributor
Nakiami
0 Kudos

My nook's name is Yotsuba. (Yotsuba is a character in a story I especially like ~ her name translates to mean "four leaves" and is part of a longer phrase ~ yotsuba no kuroba which means four leaf clover) Since my nook worked perfectly, out of the box, and I have not had any deal-breaking problems with it, I thought the name was only fitting. :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Correspondent
karmamule
0 Kudos

I always name my gadgets after astronomical objects, and I chose to call my nook "Pluto" because it's not very large like the former planet, but something you can snuggle up with like the Disney dog.

Regard all phenomena as dreams.
Frequent Contributor
jenkinsm
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I named mine Remy, after the character on House, M.D.

Inspired Contributor
LaManchaDQ
0 Kudos

LaMancha D'nook

Frequent Contributor
EmmettSnape
0 Kudos

I'm a Feb 1 person, but it will probably be something Twilight or Harry Potter.  If Twilight - either Demetri or Marcus, possibly Sam.  If HP - Severus.

Reader 2
cinseven

I might change it, but right now it's "Dont touch". A gentle reminder for my girls who can't seem to keep their hands off my things. :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
bischost

I will be naming my nook Edward.

Sadly, one of my numero uno reasons for getting an eReader is so I can read whatever I want in public without people having any idea.  For example, as a closet Twilight addict, I can swoon over Edward Cullen all I want and tell people I'm actually reading Salman Rushdie.

HA!  I'm pathetic...

:smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
MaxP
0 Kudos

I named mine Maximus

Inspired Contributor
KevMann

I named mine Darth nook.

Scribe
lkmiller
0 Kudos

I got really creative and named mine Laura's nook :smileytongue:

Inspired Contributor
yasulh

I am in the January 11th shipping group, but my mother is already calling it "Nookie", as in I'm getting Nookie for Christmas.... :smileyhappy:

Contributor
MoonMystic
0 Kudos

I don't know what I'm going to name mine but for the first 24 hours after I receive it, I'm sure it's name will be "OH MY GOD!"

:smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
Kimbe
0 Kudos

I'm also very creative.  Named mine Nookie!:smileyhappy:

Contributor
WarrenNYC
0 Kudos

My nook is named "Winston" in honor of Mr. Churchill.

Inspired Correspondent
debiant

I hadn't given it any thought until I saw this thread.  My nook's name is Zampano.  Kudos to anyone who get's the reference.

Frequent Contributor
stephie_kaye
0 Kudos

Alice :smileyhappy:  

New User
FreeReader
0 Kudos

I'm starting to think I should call my nook

'my self-indulgent difficult cranky toy that doesn't work all that well.'

I was able to register my nook but the instructions didn't continue long enough.  I got information about an update on the 'daily' but when I connected the nook to my computer with the cable it started a whole new set of difficulties.  You need to have a place where nook users can go and find simple descriptions about how to use the nook they have.  The 'nook page' on Barnes and Noble is all about ordering a nook and not much if anything about using one.

Contributor
cpboyce
0 Kudos

Dandy, after my big, fat, white kitty.