Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

What font do you use the most?

I just got my Nook the past Sunday.  What's your favorite font?  I've noticed with some books that the words don't seem to "complete" on the right side of the page with some fonts.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Correspondent
katworley
0 Kudos

Re: What font do you use the most?

I tend to use Amasis.... I don't like the look of sans serif fonts, and Amasis is the basic serif font included in the nook's system.

History: Special people, in special places, at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time...
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I prefer the look of Amasis or Light Classic (when it's available), but Helvetica tends to format better in Extra Small so I tend to use that more often.

Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

I usually use Helvetica at small size. My font wishlist for the nook: Cochin

Frequent Contributor
pjames_clarke
0 Kudos

Helvetica Neue -  medium to large size

- pjc

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

pjames_clarke wrote:

Helvetica Neue -  medium to large size

- pjc

Same here!  This setup seems to work quite well going from book to book.