Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
ScoutNJ
0 Kudos

Re: What is the age of nook owners?

AS old as my tongue :smileytongue: and a little bit older than my teeth :smileywink:

Contributor
TrvlrsChick
0 Kudos

28, female

Reader 2
Rhith
0 Kudos

Technologirl wrote:

Rhith wrote:

A lot of older users in here.

I'm 20 and my girlfriend also uses my Nook and she's 19.

We have more disposable income and less room in our houses.:smileyvery-happy:

Haha very true! Moving into a new apartment soon and I want to start hunting down used books. Just never had the space living at home before.

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple

Rhith wrote:

Haha very true! Moving into a new apartment soon and I want to start hunting down used books. Just never had the space living at home before.

Just keep in mind that you may have to (or want to) move again in the future.  I say this as someone who actually had a mover show up and then refuse to move half of my belongings because I had 24 bankers boxes of books.  In my studio apartment in manhattan.  

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Nookcolor

gave my 14 year old a nook 3g/WIFI for an early Xmas gift

We both love it

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Reader 4
fourgreyboys
0 Kudos

50 year old female and just got my husband who's 37 one.  We both have the nook color

Frequent Contributor
Mela08
0 Kudos

27 female

Frequent Contributor
asgalbraith
0 Kudos

40 (M)

New User
lulu937
0 Kudos

26 female, present from my husband.

New User
BrtLts
0 Kudos

47, female

Contributor
Kenster
0 Kudos

53 y/o male Nook color.

Reader 4
claratx
0 Kudos

I am 79.   I was a little offended when a gentleman asked me if I liked my Nook.  He was surprised to see a "senior citizen" with one.

I have done all the upgrades with little problems and do the sideloading and etc.

Clara

Texas

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

claratx wrote:

I am 79.   I was a little offended when a gentleman asked me if I liked my Nook.  He was surprised to see a "senior citizen" with one.

I think what I highlighted and bolded automatically makes him not a gentleman.  Especially his saying it out loud.  :smileymad:

Contributor
Aknaack5
0 Kudos

Me = 35

Son #1 = 15

Son #2 = 11

Son #3 = 7

(Each of us have our own Nooks)

Contributor
estoyleyendo
0 Kudos

70 and female. This is my second eBook reader. Our household of two has a total of 3 readers, 3 computers, and more than a couple mp3 players (one devoted mostly to audio books). Electronics addiction is not just for the young!
Contributor
wookv
0 Kudos

Is anyone plotting/tabulating this?

32, M, medical student.

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

50 female nook classic

quilting teacher

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Reader 4
claratx
0 Kudos

I am sorry to see the end of this thread.  I have aleady posted my age (79).  I guess I have honor:smileyhappy: of being the oldest.

I love the Nook.

Clara

Texas

Inspired Contributor
Triggerone
0 Kudos

I'm 50.  Have been reading ebooks on readers of one sort or another since about 2000 or 2001.  Hooked.

Husband doesn't like the idea of an ereader - prefers the book itself.  He is in his 60's.  But I might buy him a Nook (or let him use my Classic).

I have both the classic and color.  Love them both!

Distinguished Correspondent
AndyfromVA
0 Kudos

I'm 60 and I can't believe how easy it's been to transition from books to ebooks.  I started moving away from books 20 years ago at work through online research and I'm now reading ebooks for pleasure.

I grew up with library books and have relied on them all my life.  I can't see myself ever giving up access to the public library no matter how much advertising a company does (sorry Amazon).