Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Addicted2ReadingSM
0 Kudos

Re: What is the age of nook owners?

45 Female, have been reading using the Nook for PC and Blackberry for about 6 months. Just got my Nook Color yesterday!!!!

Reader 2
mtapp
0 Kudos

I think my Nook Color is sitting under the tree!!!!

Correspondent
LadyTessie
0 Kudos

56 female who has been reading ebooks for quite a few years now. I own the nook classic and love it. Looked at the nook color earlier this week and feel strongly I could love it too! Being strong and holding off.

Contributor
annoyingboy
0 Kudos

I'm 46. I hadn't read a book in over 20 years until I got my Nook this past May. Seriously.:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
mjordannm
0 Kudos

74-female  retired accountant

I bought my nook classic in June.  Since then I have read about 100 books.  78 of them from the Free Library of Phila.  The FLP is the best value for $15.

New User
blaze8371
0 Kudos

I am 62 and my husband bought my NOOKcolor as a Christmas gift for me.  It seems so complicated to use and too sensitive when I attempt to scroll up and down.  I wonder if a salesman at the store would help me to at least enable me to read the Bible book which it displays an icon for but printg will not display.  It pops up and says "unable to open" yet I can get on the WEB ok?

Frequent Contributor
JustReadItCLK
0 Kudos

So far our family:

Distinguished Correspondent
smiller492
0 Kudos

39.  Just celebrated our first year together on the 24th.  My husband is finally over his jealousy, if only the cat will!!  She sees me reading in bed and thinks it's ok to sit where she blocks my view!

Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

My wife and I both have Nook's

I'm 43 she is 39  We have been reading ebooks on our Blackberry's for the last 4 years.

Reader 4
geekgram
0 Kudos

I was 69 last December when I ordered my Nook and now I'm really old like 70......  Boy That is old!!!!!!!  Better old then dead, that's my story and I'm sticking to it..........   

New User
DIANNARN
0 Kudos

I'm 58. I bought my nook so I could read without readers. I love being able to make the font larger as needed.!

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

my age?  for a peach I am old, even more so for a head of lettuce... but for a mountain I am not even begun in years

my life is a Soap Opera, and I want a new head writer!
New User
Ayamie
0 Kudos

15, Female :smileyhappy:

New User
cinditonk
0 Kudos

I am 57 but my daughter-in-law got one for Christmas.  She is 31.

Contributor
Podolly
0 Kudos

Im 21 from NYC!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Correspondent
emtgirlCV
0 Kudos

44 and I love my NOOK's, yes, I have 2 now :smileyvery-happy:One I got last year for the holidays which is a 3G and an upgrade from my husband to the Nook color and i'm using them both. Ones mt work horse that I bring everywhere whith me ( 3G ) and the Color I leave pristine at home, which I love as I turn it on at night with the black background and the white letters so I have NO eye strain.

New User
kfreimu
0 Kudos

45 female

I had been an avid audiobook user, but there are books that I want to read that aren't available in audio, so I'm trying this out.  I'm also letting my 9 year old read books on here.

Contributor
StephBKNY
0 Kudos

35 year old female. Three friends also have a Nook: one man in his late 20s and two women in their early-mid 30s. 

New User
Nook_ster
0 Kudos

54 M here.... Just got my 2nd Nook, original & color.

Reader 2
brennen-brown
0 Kudos

20 year old male