Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
PjClemens
0 Kudos

White Screen

Hello, I tied to go back to the book I was reading and all I get is a white screen.  It will not open for any of the areas on the Nook Color.   Please help me. 

Frequent Contributor
maemae0410
0 Kudos

Re: White Screen

I can't help you I have a nook classic, If you look there is a nook color board as well that may have this issue already listed?

Sorry I am not more help!

~MaeMae~
Frequent Contributor
4yesh4
0 Kudos

is it happening for a specific book? try archiving it (tap and hold down the cover then select archive) then unarchive it

Unanimous Decision
New User
LauraP28
0 Kudos

I found that one bad Ebook corrupted my Nook Touch and I could not open other Ebooks either.  When I tried to open, I would get a white screen.  I learned to read the reviews before downloading a new book.  Others had the same or similar problems with the Complete Works of William Shakespeare 197 Plays, Poems, and Sonnets.  The solution is to archive or delete that book and restart the Nook.

Correspondent
Rose_Bee
0 Kudos

LauraP28 wrote:

The solution is to archive or delete that book and restart the Nook.

The REAL solution is to actually LOOK at what you're replying to.  If you had, you would've seen that you were replying to something that was over 6 months old (SIX!).

Please don't ressurrect old dead threads.

Welcome to the boards, but please try to learn your way around before jumping in.

Inspired Contributor
JuBear10
0 Kudos

Welcome to the boards, Laura! I'm glad you're here. Great job finding the solution to your white screen!

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238

Rose_Bee wrote:

LauraP28 wrote:

The REAL solution is to actually LOOK at what you're replying to.  If you had, you would've seen that you were replying to something that was over 6 months old (SIX!).

Please don't ressurrect old dead threads.

Welcome to the boards, but please try to learn your way around before jumping in.

No need to be nasty. Your "solution" is obnoxious, condescending, and has nothing to do with the actual issue. There is nothing wrong with actually searching for an answer and posting a response to an older thread instead of starting a new one when the issue may still be relevant to some. The fact that someone takes the time and effort to do so should be commended instead of berated.
Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw

Nallia wrote:

Rose_Bee wrote:

LauraP28 wrote:

Please don't resurrect old dead threads.

No need to be nasty. Your "solution" is obnoxious, condescending, and has nothing to do with the actual issue. There is nothing wrong with actually searching for an answer and posting a response to an older thread instead of starting a new one when the issue may still be relevant to some. The fact that someone takes the time and effort to do so should be commended instead of berated.

Nallia I agree completely. It seems like people get blasted if they revive old threads and they get blasted if they start a new thread when there was already an old one! It is the classic double bind that you just can't win. It comes back  to people just not reading threads that are going to annoy them!

I for one am grateful that someone took the time to post a solution to the problem even on an old thread. I spent time yesterday searching old threads for a problem that I was having with my USB cord. There were no solutions on any of those threads and I certainly would have been thrilled had someone resurrected an old thread with a solution.

Sometimes on this board I find myself thinking "can't we all just get along?" No one owns the boards and so many of the "rules" that people get jumped on for breaking are just how others think things should be done. I am not sure why people feel like they have a right to tell other users how to use the boards as long as they are staying within the guidelines set by B&N. Just relax and read what interests you and live and let live. Life is too short to waste time getting upset when someone posts on a board in a way that you don't like.

New User
LJ514
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm kind of new to this thread. I received a nook classic for xmas last year and I love it. I had put it on the charger over night and when I went to open up my book again, a white screen stared at me. I have tried archiving the book and deleting that one book I bought and resetting it, and nothing is seeming to work. Can someone please help me?

New User
taylorwl
0 Kudos

I am having the white screen issue on one book. Nook Color. Tried the Archive, Restart, Unarchive; but still white.

Can however read with no problem on my phone.

I was prompted when first downloaded to "unlock" the book with my full name and credit card # used to purchase the book. Perhaps this has something to do with the issue?

New User
taylorwl
0 Kudos

I finally got it to work by downloading the file onto my computer from my BN library online and added it to my nook manually from there.