Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
Michael9592
0 Kudos

Who are the illustrators?

[ Edited ]

I really love the black & white author illustrations used on the Nook for screen savers. I remember this kind of work going 'way back to the B. Dalton Booksellers shopping bags ten or fifteen years ago.

Who are the illustrators that draw these pictures? (I.E.: pictures of Homer, Jules Verne, The Bronte Sisters, et al) I would really love to have a book or eBook of as many of these illustrations as I can get my hands on.

This has been an interest of mine since the early 90s and I have not yet succeeded in uncovering any information. A fruitless couple of days searching Google and Google Images has prompted me to Post here. I hope I can get some information.

Contributor
krispin41
0 Kudos

Re: Who are the illustrators?

I;m not sure. But I really love them too. I used to have a Shakespeare tote that I loved. It got lost when I moved.

Kristan in NorCal
Frequent Contributor
Kunde
0 Kudos

I like these illustrations too. I would love to see more of them as well!

BDJ
Contributor
BDJ
0 Kudos

The artist's name is Mark Summers.  He is a Canadian artist who uses scratchboad for all of the Barnes and Noble images.

More info can be found here:  http://www.behance.net/MarkSummers

http://www.workbook.com/portfolios/summers

http://www.linesandcolors.com/2007/01/04/mark-summers/

Hope this helps.

Reader 4
Michael9592
0 Kudos

Perfect! Thanks so much!

B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if Summers was the artist behind B&N's Stephen Colbert tote bag from a couple years ago? (Not available on the website anymore, but you should be able to find it in a Google image search)

New User
GayArtist
0 Kudos

Yes - Mark Summers did that as well - it was done to promote launch of Stevens book.