Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
incognito88
0 Kudos

(Wifi+3G) Is anybody else's battery draining faster after the 1.6/1.7 updates?

[ Edited ]

This concerns my WiFi+3G and the title of the post is the question: Is anybody else's battery draining faster after the 1.6/ 1.7 updates?

I don't believe this is my imagination. My battery seems to be losing power a LOT faster than before the 1.6/1.7 updates.

I have changed no settings. I stay in airplane mode, auto adjust is off, touchscreen is 4 %, touchscreen timer is 10 seconds, auto adjust brightness is off and sleep timer is 5 minutes.

This is the way I set it (about) 3 months ago and I have changed nothing.

I was getting 12-14 hours total reading time before the updates. After the updates I'm getting half of what I used to. I'm down to 6-7 hours.

The battery is the original. I suppose this might be a coincidence and the battery is down to half-life or something but I noticed this drop in battery power right after 1.6 and it continues after 1.7.

It seems to me that I read somewhere that it's a good idea to completely drain the battery down to 0 % and then give it a full charge back to 100 %.

Is this a good idea, bad idea or does it matter either way?

Please don't forget the original question: Is anybody else's battery draining faster after the 1.6/1.7 updates?

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Re: (Wifi+3G) Is anybody else's battery draining faster after the 1.6/1.7 updates?

I haven't noticed any change.  

I usually charge my battery when I get the message that the battery is low.  I haven't charged any more often then usual since the update.  It is possible that your battery itself has just gotten weaker over time of use and this change is not related to the update.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Wordsmith
Tess75
0 Kudos

Re: (Wifi+3G) Is anybody else's battery draining faster after the 1.6/1.7 updates?

incognito88 wrote:

This concerns my WiFi+3G and the title of the post is the question: Is anybody else's battery draining faster after the 1.6/ 1.7 updates?

I don't believe this is my imagination. My battery seems to be losing power a LOT faster than before the 1.6/1.7 updates.

I have changed no settings. I stay in airplane mode, auto adjust is off, touchscreen is 4 %, touchscreen timer is 10 seconds, auto adjust brightness is off and sleep timer is 5 minutes.

This is the way I set it (about) 3 months ago and I have changed nothing.

I was getting 12-14 hours total reading time before the updates. After the updates I'm getting half of what I used to. I'm down to 6-7 hours.

The battery is the original. I suppose this might be a coincidence and the battery is down to half-life or something but I noticed this drop in battery power right after 1.6 and it continues after 1.7.

It seems to me that I read somewhere that it's a good idea to completely drain the battery down to 0 % and then give it a full charge back to 100 %.

Is this a good idea, bad idea or does it matter either way?

Please don't forget the original question: Is anybody else's battery draining faster after the 1.6/1.7 updates?

I know my battery life is not what it use to be and now I am spending more time charging it. This was happening before the upgrade. So my thought is that it might be time to purchase a new battery. They say the battery life is around two years before needing to be changed and I know that I'm getting close to my two year usage.  As for now I'll just keep charging it and buy a new one when it's completley dead!:smileyhappy:

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
Reader
mmnanc
0 Kudos

Went into Barnes & Noble and found out they do not make the battery for the WIfi+3G any longer. I have only had my nook just alittle over a year. Was offered a discount on a upgrade. I went on line and found another battery that would fit. Not a nook battery...