Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980

Win Barnsie!

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Unbound-NOOK-and-NOOK-Apps-Blog/Win-Barnsie-the-Noble-Bear/ba...

Free promotion, probably to get more people to register for the boards. If you get lucky and win you get the cutest bear ever and a nook T-Shirt.

Now I only need to convince them to make nook polos so I can wear one to work. :smileyhappy:

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Re: Win Barnsie!

He is very cute and it was very easy to register. Flyingtoastr, they definitely should have the nook sellers wear nook shirts.  You can tell them I said so.:smileywink:

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting this! I sent my message already..he's so adorable!

Correspondent
love_my_karma
0 Kudos

Woot! Got my message sent, and just waiting for him to arrive.:smileywink:

She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain. (1873)
~ Louisa May Alcott ~
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

There's only one Barnsie.  Just to remind everyone...

►Without order there is chaos◄
Correspondent
love_my_karma
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

There's only one Barnsie.  Just to remind everyone...

That's okay. I only need one.:smileyhappy:

She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain. (1873)
~ Louisa May Alcott ~
gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Hmm, I hope this thread doesn't get violent because we all expect to win Barnsie.  Barnsie wants to live at my house.

B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
0 Kudos

I think in the spirit of keeping Barnsie current, he needs to come with a to-scale Nook that you can put in his paw. :smileywink:

I'm automatically disqualified, so good luck to the rest of you guys!

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

From the official rules:

6. WINNER'S NAME: For the name of the winner, available after September 15, 2010, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Barnsie Sweepstakes Winner, c/o Paul Hochman, 76 Ninth Ave, 9th floor, New York, New York 10011, to be received by December 31, 2010.

Hopefully there are no bearnapping attempts.

Correspondent
seasanddollar
0 Kudos

JL_Garner wrote:

I think in the spirit of keeping Barnsie current, he needs to come with a to-scale Nook that you can put in his paw. :smileywink:

I'm automatically disqualified, so good luck to the rest of you guys!

I think the mini Nook idea is Great!  I would run out and buy that guy!:smileyhappy:

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

gqb wrote:

From the official rules:

6. WINNER'S NAME: For the name of the winner, available after September 15, 2010, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Barnsie Sweepstakes Winner, c/o Paul Hochman, 76 Ninth Ave, 9th floor, New York, New York 10011, to be received by December 31, 2010.

Hopefully there are no bearnapping attempts.

I'm pretty sure that whoever wins Barnsie will be shouting it here on the boards.  I'm not going to pay postage to find out though.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Contributor
Jimboinco
0 Kudos

Barnsie wants to go home with everyone!

I hope Barnsie is available with purchase this fall.  He'd be a nice gift for lots of people I know.  

Way to go Barnsie!

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980
0 Kudos

Jimboinco wrote:

I hope Barnsie is available with purchase this fall.  He'd be a nice gift for lots of people I know.  

I know my store at least carries Barnsie all year round. Never thought about sticking him with one of the nook smart pins before though, its a good idea.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Could I get the tee and let somebody else get the tchotchke? :smileyvery-happy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

flyingtoastr wrote:

Jimboinco wrote:

I know my store at least carries Barnsie all year round. Never thought about sticking him with one of the nook smart pins before though, its a good idea.

You mean I could buy one if I don't win one?  I'm not super into stuffed animals, but for some reason, this one appeals to me. 

Contributor
Angelique_Serenity
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

He's avaliable through the website now - he's even on sale

Barnsie "The Noble Bear"

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

omg...so if I don't win I could buy barnsie.

I think I saw one once but he didn't have a messanger bag.  that just makes him even cuter.

B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
0 Kudos

We've had Barnsie in the stores for years. I liked the old packaging better... he came in a cardboard box with various pics of Barnsie hanging around B&N, reading books, etc. The new green hoodie looks cooler than the sweater they had him in, though.

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

I think I never got him because I didn't like the little sweater he was in.

Than if I beg a book seller and I can get a button for him that says I'm Nook smart and it would be perfect for him!

Ya..i'm a sucker for a cute stuffed animal.

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

Yes Barnsie is avauilable in-store as well for purchase, and I know he would love to go home with each and every one of you.  As for the buttons, I do not believe there were extras to be had, i know at least at my store there werent.

my life is a Soap Opera, and I want a new head writer!