Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
EllenKeiff
0 Kudos

Re: Wish list "The creation has reached the limit.

Same spiel - different day.  Bottom line - still not fixed. 

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Until five minutes ago, I was still able to access my wish list of about 75 NOOKbook titles.

For several months, I have not been able to add titles to the list except through the "Add" function on the wishlist page  Then after I read this thread last week(?), I pared the list down to 72, from over 90, hoping that would somehow save me.

I accessed my list today, added one new title via the add function, went to another book page and attempted to add a new title to the wishlist from the book page.  (In the past, the book page would indicate that the title had been added, but the title would NOT appear on the wish list and would have to be added via the "Add" button on the wishlist page.)  Today, when I went back to my wishlist to see if the newest title would appear, I got the dreaded The creation has reached the limit.

And JUST NOW . . . the font and type size have changed on this reply and I am seeing auto-identification tags for misspelled words!:smileyfrustrated:

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

whiteginger wrote:

Until five minutes ago, I was still able to access my wish list of about 75 NOOKbook titles.

For several months, I have not been able to add titles to the list except through the "Add" function on the wishlist page  Then after I read this thread last week(?), I pared the list down to 72, from over 90, hoping that would somehow save me.

I accessed my list today, added one new title via the add function, went to another book page and attempted to add a new title to the wishlist from the book page.  (In the past, the book page would indicate that the title had been added, but the title would NOT appear on the wish list and would have to be added via the "Add" button on the wishlist page.)  Today, when I went back to my wishlist to see if the newest title would appear, I got the dreaded The creation has reached the limit.

And JUST NOW . . . the font and type size have changed on this reply and I am seeing auto-identification tags for misspelled words!:smileyfrustrated:

I have a feeling that as long as you don't try and add a book using the Add function, you still have access to the wishlist, but once you try to add something, you get the error.  I had access until I tried to add a book.

Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

I was able to use my wish list until last week when I added books to it. I was able to successfully add several books but in time got the limit notice. The last operation I remember was setting the priority for some of the added books.
Contributor
charcoaldog
0 Kudos

charcoaldog wrote:

A few days ago, I tried to access my wish list on my Nook Classic. No luck, unavailable. Same thing today. When I got home, I tried to access my wish list thru my account with no luck. Just the error message The creation has reached the limit.

That list had only about 50 books on it, if that many. If it had reached some limit, shouldn't it still show up?

I called customer service, the woman said they are doing work on the active wish lists and it should be about a week before its fixed. She was very hard to understand and contradicted herself a few times. First it was they knew all about it and then it was thanks for bringing it to there attention. Strange....

If the lists were going to be down, couldn't they have posted a notice on the board? Does anyone know what's going on?

Has anyone heard anything current from BN regarding the absence of our wish lists? As far as I can tell by the board messages, the wish lists have been gone for about 3 weeks. The week that customer service quoted me has come and gone and no luck. Anyone have any idea if the lists will ever come back?

Reader
Mictex9
0 Kudos

My Nook Book wish list has given me "The creation has reached the limit" error for a couple of weeks, also.  I had close to 100 books that I've been adding since I received the Nook over a year ago.  Customer service just told me that they are aware of the problem & they are having their engineers work on it.  I asked if they had an estimation on how long this will take & was told it should be fixed next week. After reading all the comments I don't have confidence in the answer I was given.  She probably just wanted to get me off the phone. 

Took a while to read about & create this list, so if it does not appear shortly I will not trust the device in the future and will tell people to think twice before purchasing.  Was happy with it until now.

Contributor
beecee

I've been getting the creation error for a little over two weeks now and have given up trying to get anything other than a canned response that we've all been getting.  Good thing I have an N2A card and can read Kindle books, but how sad is that?  Using an NC to read Kindle.  My amazon wish list has sure been getting a work-out lately, that's for sure.

Reader 2
Voracious_Reader81

When I first encountered this error I did an online chat with a CS representative who then suggested I call the 800 number. This individual then put me on hold and transferred me to "the best support tech" who said that I should wait it out for about 48 hours and check again. I gave them three days and still nothing. After a week, I sent an email to customer service. There response was that they were aware of the problem and that they would be fixing it shortly... That was a week ago and surprise surprise... Still can't access my nook wish list.

After seeing other nook owners in the same boat, I can't help but feel disappointed in BN for not addressing this issue in a more timely manner or being more up front with customers. Don't give us some token response that really isn't a definitive or realistic answer. "Shortly" doesn't mean 2 weeks or even 2 months. It seems unprofessional and very much "just plain I don't want to deal with this or your problem". 

I chose to support BN when I purchased my nook, and to given them my business, yet I feel that they don't choose to support their faithful customers who could have gone elsewhere.

Contributor
HiltonHeader
0 Kudos

Possible Work-Around

I also have been getting the "The creation has reached the limit." message but only when I try to access My Nook Book Wish List. My Wish List loads just fine. This morning I accidentally found a work-around to the problem.

I was adding an ebook to the My Nook Book Wish List and I had clicked the drop down menu and selected the "Add to My Nook Book WIsh List". The menu item changed to "Added to My NookBook Wish List" but instead of letting the drop-down menu retract, I clicked "Added to My Nook Book WIsh List" Immediately the My NOOK Book Wish List loaded in my browser! There were all my previously hidden Wish List items. If I click My Account, My WIsh List loads and if I click See My Other Wish Lists, and select My Nook Book Wish Lists, I still get "The creation has reached the limit" error message. 

So, it appears that the work-around is to:

1. Navigate to a Nook Book,
2. Click "Add to List +" then select My Nook Book WIsh List.
3. When the drop down menu item changes to "Added to My Nook Book WIsh List" click it.
4. Your browser will (hopefully) load your otherwise hidden Wish List. (Of course, you can easily remove the Nook Book you just added, if you don't really want it.)

I hope this works for other people. It made me very happy!

New User
ATS34
0 Kudos

Still not able to access the e-wish list.  I called again for the 3rd time in 3 weeks.  This is getting very old and very annoying.  Thinking about getting rid of the Nook and getting the iPad or Kindle - there are clearly no benefits to owning a Nook, especially when you can't even access your saved books.

mister-j
0 Kudos

Re: Possible Work-Around

Thanks for the suggestion HiltonHeader but when I tried your workaround it was only partially successful.  I did get to my list but only 3 books appeared (the last 3 added) instead of the the full list of over 100 books.  I hope others are more successful.

Contributor
deb_wms
0 Kudos

Re: Possible Work-Around

Same thing happened for me--only the 1 book that I just added appeared on the wisht list which contains over 150 titles. I've phoned and emailed BN customer support. Both times the response was, "Please be advised that we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our NOOK Wishlist. We are working on a solution and we do sincerely apologize for the issues." I've had this problem since mid-February. I use the Nook app on an iPad, but I am gradually switching over to iBooks. When the funds are depleted on my BN Gift card, I will make a permanent switch, if the wishlist problem has not been resolved. BN has to offer this service if I am to remain a customer. Otherwise, there's no point in buying from BN, at least for me, anyway.
Reader 2
GregN31
0 Kudos

As I posted over in the Nook Tablet forum on this same issue:
1.  The 'workaround' only gives you apparently the last book you added that started the problem.  For example, I had 80-100 books on my wish list, and using the 'workaround' I can temporarily see a list of 3 books which is the book I added that caused me to start getting the 'creation has reached the limit' error and the books I added after it while playing around to try to get access back.  All the previous books are MIA still so unfortunately it isn't a workaround.

2.  Seems to me they have no idea what the problem is or when it will be fixed evidenced by what they told me (and it appears others).  They told me when I called on a Saturday it 'would be fixed by Tuesday'.  I think the CS rep you talk to is just pulling a day out of the air, for example saying 3 or 4 days, maybe a week.  If you don't know what the problem is, simply say you're aware of the problem and you are working to find the solution as soon as possible.  Don't make hard date promises you can't keep or have no reason to believe you can.

3.  The wish list is where I drop books I plan to purchase and do purchase.  Without access to the wish list, I don't have access to the list I purchase from.  Lost sales for BN.  They ought to care about that.

As a software engineer myself, I'm sympathetic to bugs occurring on occasion and sometimes being very hard to pin down.  I'm less sympathetic to bad communication and indefinitely stringing your customers along.  Until they fix it, I'm just doing the only I can do to make a statement, not purchasing books nor upgrading to a new Nook device.  BN ought to remember the competition for E-readers/tablets is fierce and there are other options.  Not saying it as a threat, just an observation of fact they ought to keep in mind.   

Contributor
ShellTX
0 Kudos

Is this just a problem with the Nook 1st Edition devices?  If so, could this be a sneaky way by B & N to "encourage" its Nook 1st Edition customers to purchase up?  Seems like could be a permanent problem.  I can't imagine that B & N doesn't have techs who can solve the issue within a month's time!

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

ShellTX wrote:

Is this just a problem with the Nook 1st Edition devices? 

No.  It's a problem on barnesandnoble.com itself.

EllenKeiff
0 Kudos

ShellTX wrote:

Is this just a problem with the Nook 1st Edition devices?  If so, could this be a sneaky way by B & N to "encourage" its Nook 1st Edition customers to purchase up?  Seems like could be a permanent problem.  I can't imagine that B & N doesn't have techs who can solve the issue within a month's time!

Four months.  Been broken since November.  Been missing since February.

Contributor
ShellTX
0 Kudos

I didn't really notice a huge problem until the last month or so. 

Contributor
ShellTX
0 Kudos

Yes; if I had been thinking,I would have realized that and not asked such a stupid question.  Thank you for not pointing that out to me.  I'm just frustrated is all. 

Reader
mwdowns
0 Kudos

Yeah, it's amazing that this has gone on for as long as it has.

I've been wanting to check my wishlist for the past month, cause there were some books I put on there so I wouldn't forget about them. That's the whole reason why I have a wishlist in the first place. But for the past month I haven't been able to check it.

Seriously, B&N, this support is pathetic.

Contributor
ShellTX

I'm the same way.  I check my Wish List once a day to check prices, and I add to it fairly regularly.  Consequently, I purchase from it pretty regularly.  I haven't purchased any nookbooks since this problem started.  If others are like me, then sales should be down.  Maybe that will get B & N's attention because our complaints sure don't seem to be working.