Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

You know you are addicted to your nook when...

... you use your nook at work like a tri-corder to scan for life.

... you make a little shrine on your night table for your nook.

Please post your funny "You know you are addicted to your nook when..." comments!

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

Re: You know you are addicted to your nook when...

you consider it a huge step forward in your life when you download news from Calibre.

Frequent Contributor
trureader
0 Kudos

You sit and stare at it for hours on end eventhough it stopped working a month ago today.I am enamored of Space-Age Book and I'm not going to put her down.Nook in one hand ,BlackBerry in the other...I have a nookBerry addiction. Lol

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

,,,,,you open your wallet to show pictures of your nook to friends and acquaintences.

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Inspired Contributor
yasulh
0 Kudos

...you carry your nook around to every room with you even though you know you won't be reading anything until you go back to the bedroom.

...you still actively read and participate in these boards on a daily basis, even though you have no issues to post or research. :smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

...you buy more covers and tote bags than your nook can possibly 'wear' in its lifetime. :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
bjmbarb
0 Kudos

...you "have" to buy a new book (or two or three or four or more) every day for your Nook because you know you can and can't resist.

...you buy books for your Nook you already have in hardback and haven't read yet because you would rather read them on your Nook.

and ditto Ann...this cover "dressing" for one little Nook is becoming an obsession!

Rav_Bunneh

lol! All good ones!

...you think of going to the B&N store with your nook as "returning to the mothership".

Inspired Contributor
Ryan_L
0 Kudos

when you keep an extra charge cable in your car

Free on bn.com: Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Frequent Contributor
Bamrz
0 Kudos

...you have pics of your grandbaby as screen savers so you can show off both at the same time!

...you have a moment of panic when you leave your nook at home, even though you're going somewhere you won't be able to read (grocery store, movie theater, etc)

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - what a ride!!!
Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

Rav_Bunneh wrote:

lol! All good ones!

...you think of going to the B&N store with your nook as "returning to the mothership".

I was seen?

,,,,,,,,,for your home fire drill, in the space between "family" and "valuables" on "Items to Save" you've penciled in "nook",

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Correspondent
Mandroid
0 Kudos

When you see a nice book in a bookstore and think, "That cover art would look good on my nook".

"5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions"
Inspired Contributor
skatekarate

You feel like you should be surrounded by an inquisitive crowd when you walk into a B&N store with a nook.

smiller492
0 Kudos

When you are asked how your children are you include your nook with the others and which books that have been downloaded!

Sparky is great!  I just finished the new Tami Hoag novel!

Frequent Contributor
jeffasaul
0 Kudos

... your post count in the last week is more than your weight and IQ combined!

Wordsmith
Michael-V

This is just a reminder to please be respectful with fellow posters. The Book Clubs involve participants with a wide range of beliefs and ideas about the subjects they’re discussing. We encourage an open dialogue, but require that participants remain civil, courteous and respectful at all times. Please avoid any language that is abusive, intimidating, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable. This also includes having a tone that is consistently critical, derogatory, insolent or otherwise negative. We reserve the right to edit or remove any post that violates these guidelines, and we further reserve the right to limit or suspend the access of any participant who violates these rules.

Attached below is a link that includes the Book Clubs User Guidelines:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Help-Book-Clubs-My-B-N/Book-Clubs-User-Guidelines/m-p/5

Frequent Contributor
bjmbarb
0 Kudos

...when you feel guilty reading a hardback or even a paperback

...and when you are reading but not on your Nook and you turn on your Nook just to buy a book because you miss it.

Contributor
Ysabell
0 Kudos

...you try to swipe the bottom of the printed page of the DTB you're reading.  And then swipe again when it doesn't work the first time.

Wordsmith
Po1gara
0 Kudos

...the little things that keep you from reading start to REALLY annoy you. You know the little things like eating, sleeping, going to work, etc..... :smileywink:

Contributor
Tigger31
0 Kudos

I spend more time looking for books than doing my homework...

I sleep with my Nook beside me at night.... 

Be an angel, support the military.... Ask me how!!
www.soldiersangels.org