Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
mhightower
0 Kudos

YouVersion Bible on NOOK?

I am interested in purchasing a NOOK Color, but would like to know if the YouVersion Bible app can be downloaded on to it before purchasing.  Thank you.

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

Re: YouVersion Bible on NOOK?

YouVersion isn't itself a Bible translation but an application for reading the Bible. Currently, the YouVersion application isn't officially available for the NookColor. I'm hoping in future releases of the software, someone will include dedicated Bible reading programs.

The versions of the Bible available on Nook vary. I posted some descriptions on another thread regarding Bible versions for Nook. So you can check that out if you like.

Contributor
Mac79pr
0 Kudos

I'm also interested on this app for the nook color so I wrote to the guys over at youversion about it. I encourage you to do the same.

Contributor
Mac79pr
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Anyone here know of a good spanish bible reina valera / rvr 1960?

Edit: oops, meant to post this on another thread. how can i delete this post?

Contributor
semperlux
0 Kudos

If You Version is released, it will be an app as it is on Android phones and Blackberries (I don't know about other smartphones or PDAs)

Frequent Contributor
Ostracus
0 Kudos

So how does Youversion compare to Olive Tree?
Contributor
Mac79pr
0 Kudos

From I've I seen on the android market, the difference, on android devices, is that there a many olvie tree apps. One for different versions of the bible. Youversion's app gives you access to many versions in one app (most are free). You have the option to download them into your smartphone's SD card. It has bible reading plans and bookmarking and notes features.

Reader 4
spray76
0 Kudos

I have the Nook Tablet and would like to see this app. available for it.  I am already using this app. on my phone and I use their website by logging into my account.  The two sync together.  So, instead of using a different app. for my nook, I would like to use the same app. that I am already using so that they can all be synced together.  I am going to put a request at YouVersion also.  My best friend has it on her Kindle Fire and I like my Nook better than the Kindle so I want this app. too!  She and I are both reading the same plan together so that we can discuss it.

New User
lhearin
0 Kudos

I got a N2A card (n2acards.com) and boot my Nook Color into Android and downloaded YouVersion Bible to it and it works great! I can reboot the Nook back into just B&N Nook mode if I want or just use the B&N Nook for Android app (as well as the Amazon Kindle app) directly from Android. The nice thing about the N2A card is that it just inserts in the SD slot and therefore doesn't void your warranty because it doesn't make any changes to the Nook. Just take out the card and you have your regular old Nook Color.

Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie
0 Kudos

YouVersion Bible is an excellent app.  I downloaded a couple of the Bible apps from B&N and was not happy with any of them.  You need android access though and I have a NC with the N2A card installed.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
New User
seeker77
0 Kudos

Good morning,

Is the YouVersion of the Bible on Nook or something similar?

Frequent Contributor
HoosierJoe

I am continually amazed at the amount of threads posted in the Nook first edtion section that are about Nook edtions other than the First edition.

Do posters simply not pay attention?

Evidently so.

But thanks for the information about Nook Color applications anyway. 

Distinguished Correspondent
MDD73
0 Kudos

For those inquiring about the YouVersion Bible app, it is now available (as of April 4) on Nook Color and Nook Tablet.

New User
coplea_tate
0 Kudos

Yes, YouVersion is on Nook....it is in app form, and I love it!! the only problem is that it has to be connected to the internet to be accessible.  It is a free app, though, so it's still great!

Contributor
mvteacher
0 Kudos

App is available but it isn't titled "YouVersion."  Type in "Bible App" and select "Nook Store."  Select the "Holy Bible" and you'll get the free YouVersion bible app.