Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
solock
0 Kudos

argix performance awful, B&N not much better

So, Nooks in the local store but no covers. NONE... But they finally have a decent selection online, so I ordered one and a light. Alas it is coming from NJ to PA, so practically overnight if they use UPS! yey cover by the weekend!

NOT!! Argix received the package 2/25, and as of tonight there is finally an update that it is local to me, 6 days to go 80 miles!!!

When I called on tuesday was told to see if it comes wednesday, if not call back. I called and they are resending the package UPS, but that would be 2 days, which means it ships on thursday and arrives on monday... Cant rush it, cant do anything. An hour later the status on the original finally chages to arrived locally... Maybe I get it tomorrow, maybe not.

B&N you have chosen an awful shipping company. How can they take 6 days to move a small box 80 miles...Thats a slow walk. B&N customer service admit that the issues with argix are many and unresolvable in a timely manner, sorry but tough crap. Nothing for you...

B&N hasnt changed anything, so i guess they like the well below par service that argix gives...

Says alot about the company...

Contributor
Noox
0 Kudos

Re: argix performance awful, B&N not much better

Using ArgixDirect is a MAJOR FAIL on the part of B&N.

They are trying to stay alive against Amazon, but with Amazon you get your order in 1-2 days, via FedEX, not 1-2 WEEKS via this crappy shipper.

Hard to believe they are that stupid, they save what? 50 cents a shipment, then lose customers left and right because they are sick of the slow delivery?

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry you got such poor shipping, where are you located?

I receive my B&N shipments usually the next day via Argix Direct. Of course I'm just one state away so not far to go.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

LarryOnLI wrote:

I receive my B&N shipments usually the next day via Argix Direct. Of course I'm just one state away so not far to go.

Mine come pretty quickly via UPS...

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

FrogAlum wrote:

LarryOnLI wrote:

Mine come pretty quickly via UPS...

Me to.  I have always gotten UPS from B&N.

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Frequent Contributor
SeaDogMJ
0 Kudos

I agree Argix is a poor  choice for shipping. I never heard of them before dealing with B&N. Must be the cheapest way to go for them I guess

Frequent Contributor
irandamay
0 Kudos

I would rather get UPS! :smileyhappy:  I just ordered something from Amazon on Tuesday night around 9pm via UPS and it was delivered to me around 9am the next morning, and I didn't even pay for overnight shipping.

Since I have a B&N member card, I was "upgraded" to the expedited 1-3 day shipping of my Nook that I ordered on Tuesday morning.  It got here late this afternoon, and there was very little useful tracking at all, so I was all grouchy that I wasn't going to get it before the weekend. 

So, it took 3 days to go from NJ to NH and really bad tracking system to boot!  I don't really see what the incentive is for me to keep my member card anymore... the shipping "perk" is terrible, and now that I'll be buying a lot of eBooks, I don't think I will get enough discounts to make up the $25 fee.

Frequent Contributor
SeaDogMJ
0 Kudos

Last up date on Shipping I recieved is the thing was in Cinncy on Wednesday morning no further up dates and Seriously Indianapolis to cinncy is a 2 and half hour drive.

New User
altoidaddict1970
0 Kudos

There does seem to be a problem with Argix when compared to UPS.  I usually order books via Amazon.com and receive them promptly, most times with accurate and up to date tracking numbers online.  I was sent a confirmation email last Tuesday saying my order had been shipped, and included a tracking number via Argix.  The email states that shipment can be tracked within one business day.  However, there is a 4 day gap with the tracking once, and the tracking has not been updated for 2 days now.  It's sitting in Cincinnati since July 1st?  What? Why? Been trying to give them the benefit of the doubt since it was a holiday weekend, but starting to feel concerned...

New User
milawco
0 Kudos

Argix sucks.  8-10 business days from NJ to MD.  Lost last two deliveries. ARGIX tracking says USPS got packages the next day.  USPS tracking says pkgs never arrived (awaiting documents). Amazon gives me free next day UPS. USPS is two days.  Have complained to BN.  Got dumb replies.  Use Amazon.  BN has a problem it knows about but is unwilling to correct.

Distinguished Correspondent
PBReilley
0 Kudos

Guess it depends on location - I'm in MA and my B&N shipments come via UPS and very quickly, a couple of days. Amazon uses the USPS, at least in my locale, takes forever and the USPS has misplaced two orders in the past year.

Never heard of Argix.

Frequent Contributor
LizJ70
0 Kudos

Mine got ordered late Sunday night and will be here today.  Coming from PA to South FL via UPS. 

Correspondent
NanaLou
0 Kudos

milawco wrote:

Argix sucks.  8-10 business days from NJ to MD.  Lost last two deliveries. ARGIX tracking says USPS got packages the next day.  USPS tracking says pkgs never arrived (awaiting documents). Amazon gives me free next day UPS. USPS is two days.  Have complained to BN.  Got dumb replies.  Use Amazon.  BN has a problem it knows about but is unwilling to correct.

The problem is the USPS tracking system not BN. I recently ordered from Amazon and received my shipping confirmation with the tracking number.  Checked the tracking number each day and did not receive a status until the day the package arrived.  So switching to Amazon will not get your updates to tracking or package delivery any faster.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@milawco,

Can you send me via Private Message (PM) your account email, order number and a contact phone number so that we can reach out to you

New User
Jasmj
0 Kudos

Normally, I wouldn't post about this, but the situation has reached absurd proportions. I placed an order about 6 weeks ago. Since it qualified for free shipping, it came via ARGIX, who apparently just drops off the package at the local Post Office. Well, the package never showed up and the post office never received it. After two weeks of waiting, I contacted B&N and they said they would resend the order. Another two weeks have gone by and I only received one book out to the order (the one they said was out of stock) and only because it came UPS. Yesterday, I informed them that I wanted my money back and they agreed to a refund.

How can two orders simply disappear and no one at B&N seems to care? Why are they using an obviously incompetent company at the cost of losing customers like myself? I have been a B&N customer for 40 years! I have been buying books from them since I was a child. But now it looks like I will have to go with Amazon or Borders.

All told, my wife and I spend almost a thousand a year with Barnes and Noble, almost half of that online. But as much as I used to love them, I feel that I have been cheated. It seems that now if I actually want the book to arrive, I have to pay extra to have it shipped by a company that actually delivers things. As it stands now, free shipping at B&N just means that they get free use of your money until you get fed up with the non-delivery and demand a refund.

Wordsmith
Michael-V

@Jasmj,

Can you send me via Private Message (PM) your account email, order number and a contact phone number so that we can reach out to you

New User
LMW23

Finally some place to talk about this awful new B&N shipping "service".... THAT IS SO NOT the service B&N had before! I heard that B&N was up for sale, so maybe they have been sold? Maybe that is why suddenly some strange un-reliable company with NO ability to track orders is now in use?

My orders all get a NO RECORD OF THIS ITEM, when I click the tracking link, or even when I enter it in the field myself. I have to wait TWO WEEKS for the "fast 3 day shipping" given to us members! This is just WRONG!

Write to B&N! Let them know you are really unhappy with this service! I did and will continue to yell at them to GO BACK TO UPS!!

We can only hope. Thanks for listening!

Bibliophile
bklvr896

LMW23 wrote:

Finally some place to talk about this awful new B&N shipping "service".... THAT IS SO NOT the service B&N had before! I heard that B&N was up for sale, so maybe they have been sold? Maybe that is why suddenly some strange un-reliable company with NO ability to track orders is now in use?

My orders all get a NO RECORD OF THIS ITEM, when I click the tracking link, or even when I enter it in the field myself. I have to wait TWO WEEKS for the "fast 3 day shipping" given to us members! This is just WRONG!

Write to B&N! Let them know you are really unhappy with this service! I did and will continue to yell at them to GO BACK TO UPS!!

We can only hope. Thanks for listening!

If you'll notice, this thread was started in March of last year, so I doubt using this service has anything to do with recent events, people have been complaining about this company for months.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

I know that a lot of people complain about Argix Direct, but they have always been the company that B&N uses to ship my orders and (because of my proximity to the warehouse) I have always had my delivery in 1 to 2 days.

Scribe
lkmiller
0 Kudos

LMW23 wrote:

They still use UPS to send items to me!