Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
SLP309
0 Kudos

can i transfer my ebooks

can i transfer my library from a nook 1e to the new nook?  thinking about selling and buying new.

Reader 2
DouglasMA
0 Kudos

Re: can i transfer my ebooks

I don't see why not, your library (at BN.com), is still your library.  Do you think they would not let you read your own books on an e-reader that you registered with them?  Sure, now that I think about it, they must let you because I can read my eBooks on my computer, my ipod and my nookcolor.

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

Re: can i transfer my ebooks

If you do decide to sell your N1E be sure to deactivate it from your account and reset it to factory settings.  If you have it linked to ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) be sure to unregister it from there also.

If you have anything sideloaded and it's not saved anyplace else you'll want to be sure to save those items to your computer.  It's best to have back-ups anyway.

When you get the new Nook and register it to your B&N account you will have access to all of the books in your B&N library.  They may not all download to your new Nook but you'll see them there and can download them when you want.

Anything you sideloaded you will have to load yourself.

I may have missed a few things but a search of the forums should turn up some info on what to do.