Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
nooker10
0 Kudos

charger

Does any one know if there is a source to purchase a longer charger cord, and a charger for use in a Auto while travelling?

Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

Re: charger

Many cell phone car chargers have a USB slot in addition so that you can plug in an iphone or ipod... or even a nook! So, at least when traveling with a car, you can charge up!

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

nooker10 wrote:

Does any one know if there is a source to purchase a longer charger cord, and a charger for use in a Auto while travelling?

If you only want the cable without the AC adapter, you can purchase a micro USB cable almost anywhere.  I purchased a longer one at Frys, plugged it into my Nook AC Adapter plug and use the shorter one for the computer.

I don' know about the auto, someone else will need to answer that.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

USB charger for the car:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2963871

They're also on Walmart and ebay.

Try googling the cable.  I looked at one at Best Buy today but I think it was the same one that came with the nook.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

If you only want the cable without the AC adapter, you can purchase a micro USB cable almost anywhere.  I purchased a longer one at Frys, plugged it into my Nook AC Adapter plug and use the shorter one for the computer.

Does the connector fit into the nook on the one you got at Frys?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

gqb wrote:

bklvr896 wrote:

Does the connector fit into the nook on the one you got at Frys?

Yes, I made sure to purchase a micro usb cable.  I simply replaced the cable that came with the nook, (Not the actually AC Plug, just the cable) with a longer one because of where the outlet is, and I use the one that came with the Nook to connect it to the computer.  I was also getting tired of having to move the cable from the wall outlet to the Nook and back.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
nooker10
0 Kudos

thanks for the info, they are out of stock at that "daydeal

' site, will keep searching

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

The Verizon Black Berry is Micro USB and its car charger will charge the Nook, Have been doing that for over two months now.

Inspired Contributor
luny2ns
0 Kudos

I have a samsung phone and the home and car charger connects straight to the nook .  This is great!