Frequent Contributor
nooker10
0 Kudos

charger

Does any one know if there is a source to purchase a longer charger cord, and a charger for use in a Auto while travelling?

Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

Re: charger

Many cell phone car chargers have a USB slot in addition so that you can plug in an iphone or ipod... or even a nook! So, at least when traveling with a car, you can charge up!

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

nooker10 wrote:

Does any one know if there is a source to purchase a longer charger cord, and a charger for use in a Auto while travelling?

If you only want the cable without the AC adapter, you can purchase a micro USB cable almost anywhere.  I purchased a longer one at Frys, plugged it into my Nook AC Adapter plug and use the shorter one for the computer.

I don' know about the auto, someone else will need to answer that.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

USB charger for the car:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2963871

They're also on Walmart and ebay.

Try googling the cable.  I looked at one at Best Buy today but I think it was the same one that came with the nook.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

If you only want the cable without the AC adapter, you can purchase a micro USB cable almost anywhere.  I purchased a longer one at Frys, plugged it into my Nook AC Adapter plug and use the shorter one for the computer.

Does the connector fit into the nook on the one you got at Frys?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

gqb wrote:

bklvr896 wrote:

Does the connector fit into the nook on the one you got at Frys?

Yes, I made sure to purchase a micro usb cable.  I simply replaced the cable that came with the nook, (Not the actually AC Plug, just the cable) with a longer one because of where the outlet is, and I use the one that came with the Nook to connect it to the computer.  I was also getting tired of having to move the cable from the wall outlet to the Nook and back.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
nooker10
0 Kudos

thanks for the info, they are out of stock at that "daydeal

' site, will keep searching

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

The Verizon Black Berry is Micro USB and its car charger will charge the Nook, Have been doing that for over two months now.

Inspired Contributor
luny2ns
0 Kudos

I have a samsung phone and the home and car charger connects straight to the nook .  This is great!