Reply
Frequent Contributor
nooker10
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎04-22-2010
0 Kudos

charger

Does any one know if there is a source to purchase a longer charger cord, and a charger for use in a Auto while travelling?

Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
Posts: 379
Registered: ‎12-27-2009
0 Kudos

Re: charger

Many cell phone car chargers have a USB slot in addition so that you can plug in an iphone or ipod... or even a nook! So, at least when traveling with a car, you can charge up!

Bibliophile
bklvr896
Posts: 4,781
Registered: ‎12-31-2009
0 Kudos

Re: charger

 


nooker10 wrote:

Does any one know if there is a source to purchase a longer charger cord, and a charger for use in a Auto while travelling?


 

 

If you only want the cable without the AC adapter, you can purchase a micro USB cable almost anywhere.  I purchased a longer one at Frys, plugged it into my Nook AC Adapter plug and use the shorter one for the computer.

 

I don' know about the auto, someone else will need to answer that.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
Posts: 1,523
Registered: ‎01-30-2010
0 Kudos

Re: charger

USB charger for the car:

 

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2963871

 

They're also on Walmart and ebay.

 

Try googling the cable.  I looked at one at Best Buy today but I think it was the same one that came with the nook.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
Posts: 1,523
Registered: ‎01-30-2010
0 Kudos

Re: charger


bklvr896 wrote:

 

 

If you only want the cable without the AC adapter, you can purchase a micro USB cable almost anywhere.  I purchased a longer one at Frys, plugged it into my Nook AC Adapter plug and use the shorter one for the computer.

 

I don' know about the auto, someone else will need to answer that.


Does the connector fit into the nook on the one you got at Frys?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
Posts: 4,781
Registered: ‎12-31-2009
0 Kudos

Re: charger

 


gqb wrote:

bklvr896 wrote:

 

 

If you only want the cable without the AC adapter, you can purchase a micro USB cable almost anywhere.  I purchased a longer one at Frys, plugged it into my Nook AC Adapter plug and use the shorter one for the computer.

 

I don' know about the auto, someone else will need to answer that.


Does the connector fit into the nook on the one you got at Frys?


 

 

Yes, I made sure to purchase a micro usb cable.  I simply replaced the cable that came with the nook, (Not the actually AC Plug, just the cable) with a longer one because of where the outlet is, and I use the one that came with the Nook to connect it to the computer.  I was also getting tired of having to move the cable from the wall outlet to the Nook and back.

 

 

 

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
Posts: 1,523
Registered: ‎01-30-2010
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
nooker10
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎04-22-2010
0 Kudos

Re: charger

thanks for the info, they are out of stock at that "daydeal

' site, will keep searching

Scribe
03FLHT2
Posts: 695
Registered: ‎02-05-2010
0 Kudos

Re: charger

The Verizon Black Berry is Micro USB and its car charger will charge the Nook, Have been doing that for over two months now.

Inspired Contributor
luny2ns
Posts: 147
Registered: ‎11-05-2009
0 Kudos

Re: charger

I have a samsung phone and the home and car charger connects straight to the nook .  This is great!