Reader 2
fivehaslitts
0 Kudos

Re: codes available for week 3 & 4 books

I would love to have them also if any are still available.

Thanks!

Correspondent
Angela2932ND
0 Kudos

fivehaslitts wrote:

I would love to have them also if any are still available.

Thanks!

fivehaslitts, I just sent you code 4; sorry, I don't have any of week 3 left.

I'm all out of codes now.

Frequent Contributor
nook_fan
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Whoops - misread the post.

I have 2 week 4 codes left if anyone needs them.

Reader
postmuffin
0 Kudos

I just bought my Nook, less than an hour ago. I would love any free codes for any books available - and instructions on how to use the codes.

Thanks!

Wordsmith
LM44
0 Kudos

postmuffin wrote:

I just bought my Nook, less than an hour ago. I would love any free codes for any books available - and instructions on how to use the codes.

Thanks!

I have one left for Week 4. I'll send you a PM.

Contributor
CathryneHamsher
0 Kudos

For anyone that missed the week 3 code for Lee Child's "One Shot" - Borders is doing a promotion right now where you can download for free with several other books!

http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/hBMNqYHAQfEXsB8OJqmBnM14e8Y/doc.html?t_params=I_BANNER%3D5%26I_BANN

I believe this promo is only until Wednesday - so jump on it quickly!

Reader
drob9876
0 Kudos

I just got my nook. If you have any codes left I would appreciate receiving a code.

Contributor
HELLONEWMAN
0 Kudos

Hi, Are the free e books from Borders downloadable to the Nook?  Mike

Frequent Contributor
gram944
0 Kudos

New Nook as of last Thursday, so not up to snuff yet. If there are any codes floating around would love to know.....

Also, do not live close enough, this summer, to a BN store so I can just drop in. How does one hear about some of these great goodies?

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

HELLONEWMAN wrote:

Hi, Are the free e books from Borders downloadable to the Nook?  Mike

Borders e-books are generally readable on the nook.  It's the same as Kobo, which requires adobe digital editions, and works the same way as kobo or public library books generally.

Frequent Contributor
peke
0 Kudos

Can someone explain the codes?  Where do they come from?  What do you do with them? 

Thanks

Reader 2
lbcrooks
0 Kudos

If there are some codes still available I'd love to get them too! I really appreciate it. Thanks! I just got my Nook before leaving on vacation. Wish I had known at the time I couldn't download outside of the US. :-( Oh, well. So now I'm back and downloading! :-)

Inspired Contributor
bookitID
0 Kudos

gram944 wrote:

New Nook as of last Thursday, so not up to snuff yet. If there are any codes floating around would love to know.....

Also, do not live close enough, this summer, to a BN store so I can just drop in. How does one hear about some of these great goodies?

PM sent for week 4.

Most of the time, promotions being offered are located on the main page of bn.com. On occasion, you'll have to go to the ebooks section of bn.com to see promotions specific to the ebook/nook. Otherwise, visit the forum, especially ebook general discussion or nook general discussion. Many people will post promotions from b&n as well as other sites on the forums.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Inspired Contributor
bookitID
0 Kudos

peke wrote:

Can someone explain the codes?  Where do they come from?  What do you do with them? 

Thanks

B&N had a promotion that lasted five weeks. The promotion was a free ebook giveaway. Each week had a new ebook available (a total of five ebooks). To receive the free ebook, a person needed to input a one-time use only code. You needed to pick up/request the codes from a b&n store.

Frog was nice to start a thread for people to request a code. Also, many people were generous to pick up extra codes to give those requesters.

The promotion is over, but several people like myself still have extra codes available for a specific week. I still have several week 4 code for Elizabeth Berg's Home Safe ebook available.

Once you have a code, go to bn.com/redeem to enter the code. The new expiration date for the codes is Aug 1, 2010 due to the popularity of the promotion.

I hope that answer your questions. If you have more, just ask.

Contributor
dani-desi
0 Kudos

I'm new to nook and the B&N Community, I've had my nook for a couple of weeks and I must say so far I love it. I would love the code for Lee Childs book if there is one stil available. Just not sure how to go about getting one and using it.. Thanks

Frequent Contributor
peke
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. I am buying my Nook tomorrow, so I will take any codes that anyone has.

So when they have another promotion, I should get extra codes and share them here?  Do I request in the store or online? 

Thanks!  What a great forum!

Reader 4
decaf_please
0 Kudos

I would love a code for week 4 if someone has one left.  Thanks!

Inspired Contributor
bookitID
0 Kudos

dani-desi wrote:

I'm new to nook and the B&N Community, I've had my nook for a couple of weeks and I must say so far I love it. I would love the code for Lee Childs book if there is one stil available. Just not sure how to go about getting one and using it.. Thanks

I'm sorry, but I gave away my last week 3 code last week. If you really want the book, Borders is having a promotion but you must hurry cause it expires July 14. Download the free Borders ereader app and Lee Childs' book is one of the free offer.

Inspired Contributor
bookitID
0 Kudos

peke wrote:

Thanks for the info. I am buying my Nook tomorrow, so I will take any codes that anyone has.

So when they have another promotion, I should get extra codes and share them here?  Do I request in the store or online? 

Thanks!  What a great forum!

I have no clue when B&N will have a promotion similiar to the one that just passed. It would be nice if it happens again though.

BTW, PM is coming your way for week 4 code.

Reader 4
decaf_please
0 Kudos

Thank you for the code!