Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

Re: codes available for week 3 book, Lee Childs' One Shot

bookitID wrote:

Thanks AnnS for helping out. I had more week 4 codes than week 3, so my week 3 codes were gone within the first few requesters.

Happy to share the wealth of free books! :smileyhappy:

I have one Week 3 code left...

Ann

Frequent Contributor
jdarnold
0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
moemac
0 Kudos

AnnSheridan wrote:

moemac wrote:

I would love a  code if you have an extra one.

Thank-you!

Sending PM now...

Thank-you!   I hope B&N does this promotion again so I can return the favor.

"Don't parse the blurb"
Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

jdarnold wrote:

I'd love a code!

It's yours! Check your PM...

That's all, Folks. :smileysad:

New User
Teachc5
0 Kudos

Re: codes available for week 3 & 4 books

I would love any codes that may be available.  Thank you.

Contributor
Dragonfly75
0 Kudos

Hi!  I just got my nook yesterday.  Would someone please tell me how this works, how do you get the codes?

Thank you!

Correspondent
bookitID
0 Kudos

Re: no more codes

Dragonfly75 wrote:

Hi!  I just got my nook yesterday.  Would someone please tell me how this works, how do you get the codes?

Thank you!

B&N had a promotion that lasted five weeks. The promotion was a free ebook giveaway. Each week had a new ebook available (a total of five ebooks). To receive the free ebook, a person needed to input a one-time use only code. You needed to pick up/request the codes from a b&n store.

Frog was nice to start a thread for people to request a code. Also, many people were generous to pick up extra codes to give to those requesters.

The promotion is over. Some of the people like myself had extra codes, but they're gone now. There might be a person who have extra code(s) available but I highly doubt it.

Once you have a code, go to bn.com/redeem to enter the code. The new expiration date for the codes is Aug 1, 2010 due to the popularity of the promotion.

I hope that answer your questions. If you have more, just ask.

Contributor
Dragonfly75
0 Kudos

Re: no more codes

Thank you very much!

Frequent Contributor
peke
0 Kudos

Finding codes

I have been watching for codes, but I'm not sure what I am looking for. I may not even be in the right place. I look on the main bn.com front page and also click on ebooks and Nook. I haven't seen any yet. Have I missed any? 

I know they are promoting Free Friday books. However, every book they have offered is already on my Nook from when I bought it. Doesn't seem much like a promotion if I already have it. I appreciate it being free though. So...not complaining...just making sure I am doing things right to find free e-books.

Thanks,

Peke

Correspondent
bookitID
0 Kudos

Re: Finding codes

peke wrote:

I have been watching for codes, but I'm not sure what I am looking for. I may not even be in the right place. I look on the main bn.com front page and also click on ebooks and Nook. I haven't seen any yet. Have I missed any? 

I know they are promoting Free Friday books. However, every book they have offered is already on my Nook from when I bought it. Doesn't seem much like a promotion if I already have it. I appreciate it being free though. So...not complaining...just making sure I am doing things right to find free e-books.

Thanks,

Peke

The codes being mentioned were from a promotion that B&N had several weeks ago. The promotion is over, but some people had extra codes available. The codes expired Aug 1, so people posted on the forum to indicate that they had certain codes still available. Try those threads if you want a code though I'm sure that those people are either out or close to being out of codes.

The free Fridays sometimes have books already available as free. I like the promotion, cause sometimes I don't have the book so it's great that it's brought to my attention.

Now, B&N are having a promotion for free classics. Each Friday, twelve new classics are free. I've picked up numerous classics using the promotion. Those books are free via google, etc, but the B&N classics are nicely formatted with additional information. You can't compare good formatted ebooks to scanned books.

To find out which free ebooks are made available, check the forum for info. People are very prompt to post free/cheap ebooks here.