New User
betsoff
0 Kudos

disconnected WiFi

Nookcolor for Christmas, got up and running just fine. All of a sudden am "disconnected" WiFi

Says Actiontec excellent and try to connect, doesn't work. Tried to turn off then back on the WiFi, but goes right away to disconnect... Can't get anyone on support, nothing found on web site. WiFi working fine at home on other things.. HELP... Having second thoughts about this darn thing.. Friend has Kindle and loves it... grrrrrr

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: disconnected WiFi

betsoff wrote:

Nookcolor for Christmas, got up and running just fine. All of a sudden am "disconnected" WiFi

Says Actiontec excellent and try to connect, doesn't work. Tried to turn off then back on the WiFi, but goes right away to disconnect... Can't get anyone on support, nothing found on web site. WiFi working fine at home on other things.. HELP... Having second thoughts about this darn thing.. Friend has Kindle and loves it... grrrrrr

Does friend have a 3G Kindle?  3G is easy, just turn it on and it works (assuming you're in a coverage are) WiFi takes more work.  So return the Nookcolor and get a 3G Nook since the Kindle has to be black and white, not color.

Distinguished Correspondent
Sir_Vikin
0 Kudos

I have had a similiar issue with my Nook classic, try this.  Under your WiFi settings, delete the settings for your network, then shut down your Nook, start it back up again and then re-enter your WiFi settings for your network and see if that helps.

“We all boil at different degrees” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528

I can only tell you that I have an Actiontec router as well with Verizon FIOS and my Nook Classic connects right away with no problem.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Contributor
KnitGirlinIdaho
0 Kudos

If you haven't already tried it, turn your NC off completely (by holding the power button until it blurs & asks if you want to turn it off) and then turn it back on again. I had this same problem and drove to my local B&N for them to tell me this. It was a little embarrassing, but I haven't had a problem since.
Reader
SEMPERFIPD
0 Kudos

How do you delete the WiFi settings in the NOOK or did you mean on your PC?

Thanks