Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Bullfam3
0 Kudos

eMagazines

Recently got a Nook.  Love it except that I'm disappointed in the eMagazine selection.  I was considering a Kindle but went with the Nook for several reasons.  I didn't think to check the magazine selection and am very disappointed at the limited number of choices.  Am I looking in the wrong place, or are there only around a dozen to pick from.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: eMagazines

@Bullfam3,

We know there’s significant interest in what eNewspapers and eMagazines will be available for NOOK (and other eReader clients) through the Barnes & Noble eBook store.

The selection is growing every week and can be accessed via these links:

eMagazines:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ebooks/emagazines.asp?bnit=H&bnrefer=EBOOKS&cds2Pid=29168&linkid=15706...

eNewspapers:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ebooks/enewspapers.asp?bnit=H&bnrefer=EBOOKS&cds2Pid=32119&linkid=1517...

We hope you find this information helpful.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

If you haven't checked out Calibre program yet, which is an eBook conversion and organizer which works with Nook and other eReaders, it has a very large selection of eMags and Newspapers- USA etc.  Calibre will sideload directly to the Nook

Frequent Contributor
jslakey
0 Kudos

This is the biggest complaint I have about the nook.  There are not new selections every week.  There have been 12 magazines for months and hardly any new newspapers.  Use calbre, or if your on wifi use the mobile sites that most papers/magazines have.  If B&N won't offer it, you can get it for free.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Michael-V wrote:

@Bullfam3,

We know there’s significant interest in what eNewspapers and eMagazines will be available for NOOK (and other eReader clients) through the Barnes & Noble eBook store.

The selection is growing every week and can be accessed via these links:

eMagazines:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ebooks/emagazines.asp?bnit=H&bnrefer=EBOOKS&cds2Pid=29168&linkid=15706...

eNewspapers:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ebooks/enewspapers.asp?bnit=H&bnrefer=EBOOKS&cds2Pid=32119&linkid=1517...

We hope you find this information helpful.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Michael,

I've been a subscriber to Ellery Queen and Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazines for probably close to 20 years.  I am now looking to change my subscription to an e-subscription.

These magazines are available on Kindle and on Fictionwise.

According to Dell (the publisher) they have been working with B&N to make these magazines available. 

If their formatting is fine for reading on the Nook from Fictionwise (owned by B&N and readable on the Nook) why can't they be made available directly from the B&N website so I can download wirelessly?

Is it because of contractual issues of some sort?

►Without order there is chaos◄
Frequent Contributor
brewerb
0 Kudos

Michael-V,

Thanks for responding.  I do have a question about your response, though.  You said the selection is growing every week, but I check the available emagazines almost daily, and it has been months since anything new has been available in the emagazines.  Am I missing something?

Bill

Contributor
HDnut
0 Kudos

I too have been a subscriber to Ellery Queen and Analog for years.  I have converted both to electronic subscriptions that are available at ereader.com, which is now owned by B&N also.  It works great!  I get an email notification when the new issue arrives in my account bookshelf.  I just visit the website and side load it to my nook.  My pile of unread back issues has completely disappeared!

Dan

Correspondent
Heritage07
0 Kudos

HDnut wrote:

I too have been a subscriber to Ellery Queen and Analog for years.  I have converted both to electronic subscriptions that are available at ereader.com, which is now owned by B&N also.  It works great!  I get an email notification when the new issue arrives in my account bookshelf.  I just visit the website and side load it to my nook.  My pile of unread back issues has completely disappeared!

Dan

Since the Nook has internet access, have you tried downloading directly yet?

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

I have.  But I would prefer to have them downloaded wirelessly from B&N.  My assumption is that they would most likely be very close in price to Fictionwise (where I've seen both magazines).

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@AlanNJ,

I cannot clarify as to the reasons why these have not become available as of yet, but I have been looking into this for you.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael.

Much appreciated!

I would much rather give my money to B&N and be able to download wirelessly.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

We are hoping to have these available soon and we are always looking to add new and valuable content.

FYI.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V