Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
carrie2
0 Kudos

free book friday

this book is impossible to find and i can't download it any ideas should i wait awhile

Wordsmith
Sardonicus

Re: free book friday

Here ya go.

I suggest you save this link to your "Favorites".:smileyhappy:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Unbound-NOOK-NOOKcolor-and/bg-p/Unbound

The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks.

- Randall Jarrell

Distinguished Correspondent
AndyfromVA
0 Kudos

Historical mysteries are my favorite genre.  Thanks, B&N.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree

AndyfromVA wrote:

Historical mysteries are my favorite genre.  Thanks, B&N.

Same here, although when I read "Scottish" and "18th Century", I felt a momentary surge of terror that we were about to be plunged unexpectedly into the time-travelling, bodice-ripping hellhole of the Outlander world. 

*ducks the inevitable brickbats of the Outlander crew*

Further review dispelled those fears, however.  There may be enough to this book to compensate for the possible shortage of heaving breasts and transgenerational adultery -- worth checking out.  :smileytongue:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Contributor
DianeBCT
0 Kudos

I also tried to download this week's FREE FRIDAYS book, BONE RATTLER by Eliot Pattison and when I press the DOWNLOAD FOR FREE area I get last week's book BREAKTHROUGH pop up.

Wonder what's going on with this.

New User
lh54
0 Kudos

I ended up going to the home page and looking up eliot pattison under regular books. When there it had a link "this is also available as a nookbook". I clicked on that and was able to download the book from there.

Wordsmith
Sardonicus

free book friday, staying abreast.

ABthree wrote:

. . .*ducks the inevitable brickbats of the Outlander crew*

Further review dispelled those fears, however.  There may be enough to this book to compensate for the possible shortage of heaving breasts and transgenerational adultery -- worth checking out.  :smileytongue:

Heaving breasts enjoy an amazingly large fan base.

The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks.

- Randall Jarrell

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

I don't care for the bodice rippers either.  I think this book looks like a pretty good one. 

ABthree

Re: free book friday, staying abreast.

Sardonicus wrote:

ABthree wrote:

. . .*ducks the inevitable brickbats of the Outlander crew*

Heaving breasts enjoy an amazingly large fan base.

That they do!

Funny how the breasts always get the credit for all that heaving, isn't it?  It's always seemed to me that the lungs are doing all the heavy lifting in the "heaving breasts" racket:  the breasts are just along for the ride.

Someone probably focus grouped "heaving lungs" on a cover blurb, didn't like the sales implications, and a star, well, two stars were born!  :smileyvery-happy:

-- St. Basil the Great+
Wordsmith
Sardonicus

[ Edited ]

ABthree wrote:

That they do!

Funny how the breasts always get the credit for all that heaving, isn't it?  It's always seemed to me that the lungs are doing all the heavy lifting in the "heaving breasts" racket:  the breasts are just along for the ride.

Someone probably focus grouped "heaving lungs" on a cover blurb, didn't like the sales implications, and a star, well, two stars were born!  :smileyvery-happy:

It's tempting. 

The two of us could carry on with this particular line of conversation for quite a while, but probably shouldn't. 

That would be silly and we don't want to end up looking like a coupla boobs!

:smileyvery-happy:                    :smileyvery-happy:

Happy Friday

:smileywink: 

- Randall Jarrell

ABthree

Sardonicus wrote:

Happy Friday

And we can't have that:  after all, the very reputation of the Boards for pristine decorum is at stake!  :smileysurprised:

Back at ya.  :smileyvery-happy:

-- St. Basil the Great+
GordonF

obviously this is a topic I need to keep abreast of.

Stop At Nothing - Show Your Teeth
AndyfromVA
0 Kudos

Sardonicus wrote:

It's tempting. 

The two of us could carry on with this particular line of conversation for quite a while, but probably shouldn't. 

Happy Friday

. . . can't . . .type . . . laughing. . . :smileyvery-happy:

Sir_Vikin

[ Edited ]

Morning!

For those of you that cannot get the link to work you can access it through your nook.

Make sure that your Nook is connected to the internet, then click the "Shop" button, when that page loads you will see it in the "Promo" box at the bottom.  Using the "Touch pad" scroll through the options until you see "View Promotion".  The next page will allow you to "download" the book for free.

You can usually find the "Free Friday" books this way every Friday..

Hope this helps!

“We all boil at different degrees” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Correspondent
Rocknsoul

ABthree wrote:

That they do!

And if one were breathing properly, the belly would be going along for the ride. But "heaving belly" wouldn't sell very well either...:smileyvery-happy: