Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
tattooedmommie
0 Kudos

Re: have you bought any new nook accessories yet?

Nallia wrote:

I have a bunch of coffee backgrounds that I put into a folder as screensavers.  Some I got on noo-look for my N1E and some I got from Google.  I can zip them up for you if you want them.  :smileyhappy:

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love it!!!

-- Jonna

When the Power of Love becomes stronger than the Love of Power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

tattooedmommie wrote:

Nallia wrote:

I have a bunch of coffee backgrounds that I put into a folder as screensavers.  Some I got on noo-look for my N1E and some I got from Google.  I can zip them up for you if you want them.  :smileyhappy:

Check your PMs.  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
Big_Dave_H
0 Kudos

If I get an new Nook, the first accessory I'll probably buy for it is a new pistol case. 

Scribe
Haleakala_LKB
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

tattooedmommie wrote:

Nallia wrote:

Nalia, I always love new screensavers, could you send to me as well? 

Thanks!

LisaB

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

Haleakala_LKB wrote:

Nallia wrote:

tattooedmommie wrote:

Nallia wrote:

Nalia, I always love new screensavers, could you send to me as well? 

Thanks!

LisaB

Absolutely.  Sent!  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
MikeNC
0 Kudos

I have a pre-order in for a neoprene slip case for transporting my NOOKstr (I like using it naked though and have no plans for any fixed cover).  On the same pre-order I also have another power supply and cable, again for travel (since at home most of my plugs are under/behind furniture or some obstruction, it's easier to leave one plug in at home and just get a spare for travel).

Screen protectors are not something I generally use on my devices - don't have nor want one on my NC or my iPhone (although I do have one on my Nikon DSLR's LCD, but now I'm no longer sure why).

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

I am purposely not pre-ordering a slip case online.  If I purchase it in the store tax is much less than shipping.  I'm not ordering another power supply and cable since I already have the one from my original Nook as a spare.  So...I won't get to the $25 level for free shipping.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Contributor
Plucknbach
0 Kudos

I really like this one.  I bought it when I traded in my N1e for the 2e.  It's perfect. 

Famous Last Words: "Hold my beer, and Watch this..."
AlanNJ
0 Kudos

Plucknbach wrote:

I really like this one.  I bought it when I traded in my N1e for the 2e.  It's perfect. 

What one?

New User
VoraciousKL
0 Kudos

I bought a cover and regret the purchase. The cover was $30.  I only use it to store the Nook2 at night or when I'm not using it (I am so afraid that my kids will spill liquids while the Nook2 lying on the table).  The Nook2 is actually easier to hold without the cover.

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

VoraciousKL wrote:

I bought a cover and regret the purchase. The cover was $30.  I only use it to store the Nook2 at night or when I'm not using it (I am so afraid that my kids will spill liquids while the Nook2 lying on the table).  The Nook2 is actually easier to hold without the cover.

So return it.  That's what I did.

Inspired Contributor
astrangerhere
0 Kudos

I second the Industriell Easel cover.  I love the look, the feel and the ability to set it up on my kitchen counter while i'm cooking. I use an old rubberized palm pilot stylus to turn the  pages and read while i'm cooking

The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience. --To Kill a Mockingbird
Inspired Contributor
tattooedmommie
0 Kudos

First, Nallia  thank you so much for the coffee screen savers!! Perfect!

astrangerhere, that's a great idea with the industriell easel cover! I wanted that after Nallia mentioned that it's so slim and fits the N2E so nicely, so now i definetly want one!

-- Jonna

When the Power of Love becomes stronger than the Love of Power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix
Reader
Inc82
0 Kudos

I'm wondering how the Timbuk2 sleeve worked out.. I think I'd like to get one but am worried about the sizing becuase it is meant for the Kindle...

Frequent Contributor
MaryAZGal
0 Kudos

I purchased the anti-glare kit (very pleased with it).  It definitely helps control fingerprints (barely have to clean) and no glare.

I also got a cover.   I wanted a cover that would stay on the NOOK Simple Touch all the time, one that would wrap behind and be easy to hold while reading.  I purchased the Lautner Cover in Turquoise:

Lautner Cover

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Inc82 wrote:

I'm wondering how the Timbuk2 sleeve worked out.. I think I'd like to get one but am worried about the sizing becuase it is meant for the Kindle...

I have the quilted Timbuk2 envelope sleeve that was made for the kindle 3.  I picked the quilted one over their other kindle 3 envelope sleeve they make because the quilted one is a little smaller.

There is a little space around the nook at the top and bottom of the nook (the nook goes into the sleeve sideways), about a half inch on each side, now that I'm actually measuring it, though it seems like less.  The nook is snug on the sides, and can be really snug or less snug depending on how tight you close the flap.  I close mine tight so the nook doesn't shift around.  When the nook is in the sleeve and the flap is open, the edge of the nook comes right up to the front edge of the case (this makes me think the nook might be slightly wider than the kindle 3, but I haven't checked).  IMO it's a really good fit and I'm very happy with it.

The material in the quilting is really dense and feels sort of like memory foam, so it seems to provide good protection.  The inside is plush so it's soft against the nook.

I cancelled my order for a B&N N2E neoprene sleeve once I got the timbuk2 sleeve because I really like the quality and fit of the timbuk2.  I don't think the official nook sleeve will match it based on what I saw with the sleeves for the N1E.

ETA:  This is the one I have: http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/tablet-ereader/fits-kindle/kindle-plush-sleeve