Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
tmtghost91
0 Kudos

help?! with my WiFi shop

[ Edited ]

l have owned my nook for a little over a week, and it has been working perfectly. Last night I finished reading a book, and wanted to go to the shop, and for some reason the shop screen didn't load? it sent me back to the main nook screen. I have thought it was because I had a low battery but I charged it to 100% and still the shop doesn't load?

New User
tmtghost91
0 Kudos

Re: help?! with my WiFi shop

does anyone know how to help me!!!!

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

make sure airplane mode is switched off

New User
britsz8
0 Kudos

I need help too. Does any one know how to set up your own hotspot? I have tried but it does not work. Please help me and the other person too.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@britsz8,

Help with connecting using WiFi can be found on the link below (I also added the instructions after the link):

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/support/?bnit=H&cds2Pid=30195

When connecting your nook to a home Wi-Fi network, please be sure that your Wi-Fi network is either 802.11b or 802.11g. If it is an open network, you should be able to easily connect to your network without adding any information. However if your network is set as a secure network, you will need to add "Add a W-Fi hotspot" to connect and you will need to know and enter your network SSID (network name), password and the exact security method, such as WEP, WPA, WPA2, none, etc.

If you try to connect to a free public network, please know that nook will not connect to any Wi-Fi hotspot that requires you to enter any information such as an account number or a room number when at a hotel, to enter any payment information, to accept any terms or conditions, or to view or accept an information page that requires a web browser.

To connect to an appropriate Wi-Fi network, go to Settings from your Home screen, and check that Airplane mode is "off". Then tap on Wi-Fi, check that Wi-Fi is set to "on", then tap on "Wi-Fi hotspot" and either add a network or select an available network that is listed. Please give a minute for your nook to search and display available Wi-Fi networks.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@tmtghost91,

Are you still experiencing this issue?